• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: bracket keys not changing brush size

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the latest version of Photoshop beta, 25.11, my bracket keys are no longer chnaging my brush tip size. 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Hi everyone, please update to the latest Ps beta: Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.11.0 20240706.m.2689 a56b6d6 arm64 which has the fix for this issue.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 227 Replies 227
226 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution of assigning it to previous layer boundery for me works (it's a shortcut I hardly use...so for now...THX...and good progress on developing;-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest PS Beta release, version 25.11 m.2679, the brackets keys will no longer change the size of the brushes.  This problem did not exist in the prior beta version, nor does it exist with the standard release 25.9.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Descrição do Problema:

O atalho " [ " (diminuir tamanho do pincel) e " ] " (aumentar tamanho do pincel) não funcionam corretamente no Photoshop Beta, apesar de estarem configurados corretamente. O problema não ocorre na versão regular do Photoshop, onde os atalhos funcionam conforme esperado.

Passos Realizados:

1. Redefinição das Preferências:

• As preferências do Photoshop foram restauradas utilizando Ctrl + Alt + Shift durante o reinício do aplicativo. Isso foi feito para garantir que qualquer configuração corrompida fosse corrigida.
  2. Verificação de Layout de Teclado:

• O layout do teclado foi verificado para garantir que estivesse configurado corretamente para o idioma utilizado.
  3. Teste em Outro Hardware:

• Um teclado alternativo foi testado para descartar problemas físicos ou de compatibilidade com o hardware utilizado.
  4. Atualização de Software:

• Ambos os softwares (regular e beta) estão atualizados para suas versões mais recentes, garantindo que todos os patches e atualizações tenham sido aplicados.
  5. Reinstalação do Aplicativo:

• O Photoshop Beta foi desinstalado e reinstalado para garantir que não houvesse problemas de instalação ou de arquivos corrompidos.
  6. Teste de Funcionalidade:

• O problema persiste mesmo após todas as tentativas de solução listadas acima. Os atalhos [ e ] continuam sem funcionar corretamente apenas no Photoshop Beta.

Observações Adicionais:

• Conflitos de Comandos: Outros comandos foram testados e funcionam normalmente, indicando que o problema está específico com os atalhos para ajuste de tamanho do pincel.

• Feedback da Comunidade: Será solicitado feedback da comunidade para verificar se outros usuários estão enfrentando o mesmo problema com o Photoshop Beta.

Próximos Passos:

• Será aguardada uma resposta da comunidade e do suporte técnico do Adobe Photoshop Beta para entender se o problema está sendo investigado ou se há uma solução alternativa disponível.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After the recenet Photoshop Beta (25.11) update the shortcut to change the brush size [ ] isnt working. I've reset the tool, made sure that the “Increase/Decrease Brush Size” shortcuts are correctly assigned to the square brackets, reset the workspace and unistalled an dresinatlled the whole app but it's still not working.

Please reoslve this ASAP.

Thanks

Sohail Iqbal

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used both of my computers today in an attempt to edit my galleries, and have found many of the keyboard keys work, but not the back bracket keys to increase and decrease size for paintbrushes.  I have tried to treset the tools, and I can see that they command is visble on the keyboard shortcuts.  Is this a broken link?  

Any help would be gratefully reciveved. 

Claire 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use option/ control drag mouse left/right to get the brush resize on the fly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

control/option that is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, the latest version of Photoshop beta is  25.11 m.2679

I am using Windows 11 and the [ and ] shortcuts are working for me.  

I have checked using the Essentials workspace, and reset that workspace (to make doubly sure).

Open the Keyboard Shortcuts panel (Shift Ctrl Alt K) and hit the Summerize button.

Make a note of where it saves the Photoshop Defaults.htm file and open it in a brouser.

image.png

Go to that Tab, and use Ctrl f to open the search dialog, and search for the [ character.  AFAIK those shortcuts are hardwired.  Least ways I don't know how to change them.  Anyone?

image.png

You can use Defkey.com to see other apps that use a specific shortcut, but it seems unlikely that you guys all have the same app trapping the [ shortcut.  

This link lists 212 Windows apps that use [ as a shortcut.

https://defkey.com/what-means/%5B

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zmniejszenie i zwiększenie rozmiaru pędzla nie działa. W wersji podstawowej problem nie występuje. 

W wersji beta nawet po przywróceniu ustawiń aplikacji do wyjściowych nie pomogło to roazwiązać problemu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reducing and increasing the brush size does not work. In the basic version, the problem does not occur. 

In the beta version, even after restoring the application settings to the initial settings, it did not help solve the problem.

By @Agnieszka38339940ubmw

Issue with Brush Size Shortcut in Photoshop Beta 2... - Adobe Community - 14709942

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have step by step of this as i dont know where to fine the setting to change them please 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a bunch of posts talking about this, and was confused because I am also using Windows 11 and I did not have the problem.

I have now been able to see the issue.

If I open 25.11 m2679, create a new document and the brush tool, the shortcuts don't work for me.

But if I paint a stroke with the brush, the shorts start working, and AFAICT they keep working with other new documents.

In fact, just creating a new layer is enough to get the shortcuts working, which is why I was not seeing it originally, as I never work on the background layer.

I am sure that @CoryShubert and @Pete.Green  are aware of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert  I was not seeing this until I tried using the shortcuts immediately after opening the latest beta.  But doing almost anything, like painting a brush stroke or creating a new layer, got the shortcuts working.

Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit - Keyboard Short cuts - Layer - Boundry Layers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I see why it was working for me.  I was in a custom workspace with custom shortcuts, and the Layer Boundry shortcuts were already removed.

I also tested with a MBP M2 Pro with Sonoma, also with custom workspace and shortcuts but only a few weeks old, and the layer boundy shortcuts were still in place, so brush size was not working.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac pro photoshop beta 25.11.0 after update all tools if i select clone tool i want to increaze by shortcut ket ist's not woking even i choose doge whiche ever i try by shortcut key it's not working

photoshop beta 25.11.0 after update all tools if i select clone tool i want to increaze by shortcut ket ist's not woking even i choose doge whiche ever i try by shortcut key it's not working

photoshop beta 25.11.0 after update all tools if i select clone tool i want to increaze by shortcut ket ist's not woking even i choose doge whiche ever i try by shortcut key it's not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's same issue with me also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,