• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't see brush circle when I go into Select and Mask

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Photoshop Beta today. I'm not sure if it's a Beta update issue because it was working fine the whole day until like an hour ago. Suddenly, when I go into Select and Mask, I'm not able to see the brush circle. I only see my mouse. 

The quick selection tool, refine edge brush tool, the brush tool all work when I click the mouse. I just don't see any circle around my mouse. I tried hitting the Caps Lock key, turned Photoshop on and off, turned my computer on and off, resetted all preferences, but the issue still remains. 

Am I the only one having this issue?

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

This issue was fixed with the latest beta update: Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230817.m.2290 15dfc21 x64

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

If you are still having this issue please start a new thread so the team can look into the details and not confuse it with those that the update solved for.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 127 Replies 127
127 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Le ponceau fonctionne. Il est seulement pas visible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is occurring persistently, freezing of the tools. Example: when I'm using any tool, and I need to move the image on the screen, then I press the space bar to temporarily grab the little hand, but when I release the bar and even the mouse, the little hand remains activated. It also happens with the zoom tool, and also with the rectangular select tool, at least. Another mistake: sometimes the brush turns into the mouse pointer, making it difficult to see the area where I'm going to paint. And, one more mistake: the blending brush, when configured to just mix the pixels, without any color, even so it loads the foreground color and paints the image, on the first click, starting to work as expected, from of the second click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I enter a mask and try to use any of the brushes the stroke doesn't appear.

When I'm not in mask it works as normal. The same problem happens to me on 2 imacs and 1 windows laptop, so switching the device didn't change anyhting.

Tried resetting preferences, reinstalling, checking stuff in settings, nothing works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

J'ai essayé de désinstaller cette dernière version Beta et de réinstaller l'ancienne version : on a les mêmes bug, impossible d'utiler le pinceau pour sélectionner et masquer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta version 25.0 m.2257.  In Select and Mask I get the standard Windows arrow cursor rather than the usual circular brush cursor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose Remove Tool. Use left/right square bracket to set size of tool. Select area. Click button to remove area. Try it again. Cursor is the default Windows cursor instead of being the current size of the Remove Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dougmeister testing here shows it working as expected.

Have you updated to the recent Ps beta? Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230801.m.2265 3a00623 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Desktop says I am up to date.

Help, About just says 25.0.0. Not sure where to see the minor revision info.

I just updated 3 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,it is Aug 4th 2023, I am keeping my photoshop beta app to the most current update everytime it comes out. I am on Mac OS ventura. 

Before the latest update this was not as issue.

When making a selection then going into "select and mask" the brush preview.. aka the little circle is no longer showing up. (And no my caps lock is not on)

This makes it really hard to mask anything. 

I've tried restarting and no luck. I just went back and used normal photoshop to create the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! When we enter the "select and apply mask" option and we want to use the selection, refine edges or brush tools, the edge of the brushes respective to each tool does not appear in any of the three.Only the normal mouse cursor appears. Thanks!

Captura de pantalla 2023-08-04 a las 21.24.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated today with latest Ps beta 25.0.0 20230801.m.2265 3a00623 x64

Remove Tool still has a problem with its brush disappearing after the first brush stroke.

Select the Remove Tool, uncheck the "Remove after each brush stroke" option, then apply a brush stroke. After releasing the mouse button, the brush is replaced by the cursor pointer. You can still apply brush strokes, but cannot see the brush cursor.

This has been a problem for weeks now and with each Ps beta update, nothing changes. It's still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in Select and Mask the object is no longer selected and the tools are not working to painting. However when I do exact same proccess in non-beta version of photoshop it works perfectly. 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230801.m.2265 3a00623 x64
Number of Launches: 10
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 10.0.19045.3208

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when you work on select mask windows, piuncil cursor doesn't appear and can see the size of your pincil. I will become difficult to use this tools 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Occurs both in beta and photoshop 24.7 Running Mac OS 13.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered this problem yesterday, 8/5. I'm working on a Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed this yesterday, August 5, using Beta 25.0, running Mac OS Ventua 13.4.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happenong after the last BetaUpdate When " remove after each stroke" is unchecked in the Remove tool option, the circular crosshair disappear after the first stroke and replaced by the defualt white windows cursor. though it appears only when changing the brush size using the (right click/ alt ) shortcut then it dissapears again when releasing the buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert No updates on this bug yet, Cory? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop Beta version 25.0 on Windows 10. When in select and mask, the brush circle does not show up, only a pointer cursor. I did delete my preferences. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I invoke Content Aware Fill instead of getting the circular brush cursor that is used to add to or remove from the green source area the mouse cursor is an arrowhead which provides no visual indication of the brush size. You need to restore the circular resizable cursor that appears in the production version of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious how we're running toward a month later & one of photoshops vital features is still having this issue. Not great for professionals that pay for/rely on these tools for work. My work flow has more than doubled in time from playing the guessing game on size & positioning while I stare at a cursor & constantly have to hit undo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes masking brushes have been broken for ages, and also in Beta, the remove tool doesnt work. But that is a Rosetta thing right? Please get it fixed Adobe, Ken 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here since some newer beta versions. 
Now i'm using the 25.0 version. 
When I'm using object slection tool, I can't see the circle of the brush. I can only see it if I resize (with the shortcut) or if I zoom in / out. But when I stop, the circle disappear. 

Using Macbook Pro M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  What I just discovered after days of frustration is that the Caps Lock key was depressed.  Apparently this key will allow you to switch from a brush to a pointer.  How it got turned on is a mystery to me since I am not doing any text.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I tried toggling capslock early on and it does not change anything for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate