• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Error 54 crop tool fill:content aware fill option

Engaged ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had Error 54 pop up while using the crop tool with content aware fill set as fill option.

Not sure if bug or if its meant to be like this, the selected layer  didnt have a lot in it.

Only did it once, couldnt get it to repeat. (Have blacked out face on screenshot)

adobe 2.PNG

Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230820.m.2296 c61c3a5 x64
Number of Launches: 14
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.0 (public release), which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.0, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gixxxa75 Check your layers panel - you are trying to use Content Aware Fill on a blank layer - there is no pixel data to pull detail from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Yes am aware there wasnt much in the selected layer, just never had a message about java script pop up before. If its normal expected behaviour please delete thread. Funny thing is does complete the operation on subsiquent goes, just doing a not very good job as expected with little info to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.0 (public release), which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.0, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating status

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started getting the Error 54 Uncaught JavaScript exception message when using the crop tool to expand canvas with both Generative Fill and Content Aware Fill - I was with others in the same room today all working on laptops, Mac and Windows machines and most others also received same error mesage - any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the message today.  Installed Photoshop 25.3.1 on a new machine and am getting error 54 when I am trying to do a content aware fill crop

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't delete my previous post but as soon as I pressed post, I realised the issue.  I was trying to crop an adjustment layer - though I don't remember that being an issue before

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was using GF in photoshop just fine until a couple of days ago. Now I keep getting error 54 and the image shrinks to postage stamp size. I just installed the upgrade to the latest version of PS and am opening the image directly in photoshop (i.e. not LR or Bridge). I am using a Windows 10 PC - latest upgrades installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate