Exit

P: Generated images violate user guidelines

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunny.png

image (1).png

So as you can see, it's a PG-13 relatively inoffensive image of a woman in a bunny outfit. The top worked fine, and I was able to complete the top ear, which is cool. When I tried to extend the bottom with generative fill, though, I got this warning. They're just a pair of legs wearing stockings, and I wanted to extend it.

It feels like a false flag - though I could be wrong? I find myself thinking it would do the same for women in swimsuits.

Figured I'd share here.

Bug Started Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Dear Community,

On November 7th, 2023, the Firefly for Photoshop service was updated and improved for this issue. You should encounter fewer guideline errors when working on or near skin-tone areas that do not violate the community guidelines.

While the improvement is a big step in the right direction, we are continuing to explore new ways to minimize false-positives. Please continue to give us feedback on this new forum thread and also report false violation errors in the application.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1382 Replies 1382
1,381 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encourage everyone to send in their images and the part of the drawing that had the violation. The Dropbox belongs to Caitlyn Burke, Product Manager @ Adobe Photoshop, New York, New York, United States (see pete.green post above). Here is the picture. I lassoed the right earning loops which was an obvious mistake during the PS Firefly rendering.

Image with violation.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above image was Photoshop's image rendered by Firefly. But I could not state this when submitted to Dropbox. Hope they read their logo on the bottom left of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. I sent the image, plus another image of the lassoed area which I copied and pasted into a new PS blank page. Tried to use the snip tool but that did not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CAVelarde, instead of Isis (the name is probably trademarked by Marvel or similar and that's why it won't generate), what happens if you use “Egyptian goddess Aset or Eset” instead? The name Isis kicked out a warning in Firefly Beta, too, but these equivalent names worked. (I can't run Beta right now to test this myself, so I'm using Firefly since the violation warnings seem to be pretty much the same from what I've tried.)

JEL_0-1687465061116.png

P.S. Wow, this thread has become very interesting since I first posted almost a month ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try adding nothing but a full stop in the prompt   😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny. I submitted the prompt I have been using to nightcafe using Stable Diffusion's new beta SDXL and got great results. Then to Firefly and got one good one out of 4, could have tried for more. Then went to Bing Image Generator. Paraphrasing, but the rejection message was something like "If you ever try that prompt again, we will throw you in jail and throw away the key. And permanently lock you out of your account." I think it was something like that. So I had to water the prompt way down and finally got this;

Bob5E9A_0-1687466274335.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlos A Velarde,

Try sdxl on nightcafe got this with prompt: a background with an Egyptian theme: Temple of Isis

Bob5E9A_0-1687466830438.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bob5E9A same prompt using Firefly (and substituting Aset for Isis):

JEL_0-1687467522946.png

and with the Art style:

JEL_0-1687467693390.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CAVelarde, On NightCafe we are constantly submitting prompts, getting images and posting the best. Even have competitions. So we get to see thousands of amazing images. Because of you, I got the highest number of votes ever. Thanks! I put in "Temple of Isis" and got a lot of structures but this image also popped up.

Bob5E9A_0-1687475509590.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello . Updated to Beta .. Generative fill only works sometimes . Unsure why I keep getting this error about I'm violating something and it's not easy to understand what's happening. I'm trying to do simple things like remove harsh shadows from behind heads .  There is nothing offensive about my image . Fyi I am in Lightroom first then I press "edit in Photoshop " then from Photoshop I press save and it automatically saves to my Lightroom where I then export . Please help 

Screenshot_2023-06-23-09-58-19-34_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well MJ just updated to V5.2 and it has outpainting 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets see PS do this 🙂

[image removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea why it was removed it was a picture of someone wearing belly dancing clothes. No not offencive in any way. Unless the Moderator is some super religious OTT  prude  and doesn't like the sight of a belly button 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I am wrong, but it seems that perhaps the violations are more common with skin tones? I've not done any definitive testing, but in general it seems to me that:

- Working with colors like blue and green I am not getting any violations.

- Working with colors along the skin tone color range tend to give community violations even when working on non human objects like a wall or a sheet, especially when prompt is empty. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gostaria de saber como é possivel que o prompt de recheio generativo "parede branca" e "fundo branco" pode estar mal?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent a photo I was working on at work. (DS_Award_for_Adobe.psd)

Not sure how you line up what I uploaded with my account here.

But... I saved 2 selections for you and can guide you on a third as it uses the crop to increase the size of the image and I didn't want to foul up the initial generative fill rejection by sending it in with the larger area. The only thing I can figure... and it's grasping at straws here, is there's a lot of pink in the photo, and perhaps photoshop thinks it's... em... pink parts? When you look at the image, it's several people on a stage getting an award. Nothing remotely naughty in the picture. Initially, I was trying to remove the text on the background to the right and the sleeve of someone just entering the frame. 

The recipe for the other direction that didn't work with this image is using the crop tool to extend the image downwards. This is for a video I am working on (1920x1080) and I scaled the image to 1500 pix high before proceeding. I used the crop and pulled it down to 1698 px. I made a selection including a small slice of the bottom of the image and hit generate, leaving the prompt box empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! Excuse my english as it is not my first language! Wanted to bring attention to this issue i've been experiencing with generative fill. I'll attach a screenshot as an example, but it is not the first time that this happened the past 2 days.
Basically i would try to make a selection to remove an object, like a chain, or a stick from the ground, and no matter what object or surface it is, if the selection has that kind of (from what i observed, perhaps phallic?) shape, it will refuse to generate the fill and say the fill is against user guidelines, even though it's not even remotely NSFW or inappropriate in any way.

This is an amazing tool and it's already enabling me to accelerate the creation of assets to make animated "Collage style or papercut style" videos. Can't wait to see how it evolves!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also started getting a bunch of the "violation warnings" last night while editing pictures of a restaurant interior.

In some cases I simply asked Generative AI to "Expand wall background." and got flagged... it's 60s themed diner; pretty tame stuff.

On other pictures, I have asked it to remove people, but the flag seems to stem from terminology problems.  If I say "Remove kid" or "Remove child and replace with wall." it will always flag as against guidelines, same result frequently if you say "Erase man" or "Remove woman."  The only surefire way to not get flagged is to say "Remove person."

I even got flagged trying to "remove wheelchair," but later got success with changing the terminology to "remove wheelchair and replace with nearby walls and floor."  I had to say "floor" instead of "flooring" to not get flagged.  For further experimentation, I tried "motion blur kid's face" and got flagged, but then tried "motion blur person's face" and it generated three low-res completely different heads that were totally of different races and in one case race and gender than the original; useful for other purposes, but also still not what I asked.

When it does work, it works great most of the time even with surprisingly complicated scenes, but still some issues to tidy up before dropping the beta label.  I'm very impressed with it thus far, and it does work most of the time, I'm just concerned why I'm getting flagged for "violating user guidelines" on images without people and asking for walls, floors, counters, or chairs already existing in the frame to be generated, expanded, or duplicated; that needs to get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@zevendesign  This has also been my thoughts while playing with it the past week; if I'm running into this so often when I am trying it on some really boring diner photos, what is this going to be like when I try it on a portrait session?  Will we not even be able to use it at all on boudoir-or-more photos, even if you're trying to do something innocuous like "remove wrinkles on backdrop" or "add chandelier" to an image - pretty basic tasks that can and are routinely done without AI, but AI will help with retouching by saving time and providing a great base to work with; just like someone else mentioned about wedding photos, blinks and smiles are a super frequent retouching task.  Like, if walls and wheelchairs are too much, it seems overly restrictive, and naiive, to think that other projects, which are very common by the way, should be restricted or impacted.  I haven't put any actual portraits in to see what it will or won't do yet, but your concerns have been on my mind all week since I started running into "violations" just dealing with boring walls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When starting from a blank canvas and creating a square using the Rectangular Marque tool, I'm receiving violation notifications when using the word "cube" in tandem with Generative AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the lasso tool to fix the top of a rose. The prompt was left blank. I got the user guideline violation error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continue to get guideline issues with 80% of images containing people. When trying ot extend an image with a person in it, (fully clothed, not a bikini). And in this instance, trying to repair an ear from a midjourney creation. Is there anyway around this?

Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 7.27.21 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that a free service should have better features than a paid service? Doesn't make sense.

Stable Diffusion is far more complicated but they're almost making it worth having to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try selecting a small square somewhere in the image, and then select the
actual area that you want to change, and see if there’s any difference. For
me, probably 60 or 70% of the time, if there would’ve been a violation,
this works. But, there are still 20 or 30% of us cases where it doesn’t
work, and there’s no rhyme or reason as far as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate