Exit

P: Generated images violate user guidelines

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunny.png

image (1).png

So as you can see, it's a PG-13 relatively inoffensive image of a woman in a bunny outfit. The top worked fine, and I was able to complete the top ear, which is cool. When I tried to extend the bottom with generative fill, though, I got this warning. They're just a pair of legs wearing stockings, and I wanted to extend it.

It feels like a false flag - though I could be wrong? I find myself thinking it would do the same for women in swimsuits.

Figured I'd share here.

Bug Started Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Dear Community,

On November 7th, 2023, the Firefly for Photoshop service was updated and improved for this issue. You should encounter fewer guideline errors when working on or near skin-tone areas that do not violate the community guidelines.

While the improvement is a big step in the right direction, we are continuing to explore new ways to minimize false-positives. Please continue to give us feedback on this new forum thread and also report false violation errors in the application.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1376 Replies 1376
1,375 Comments
Engaged ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cowgirl country singer.   was the prompt I used. I thought it's quite an easy straight forward one ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to edit a sleeve of a man's shirt, since the edge of one of the sleeves of the arm is pixelated, however the generative filler tells me that it is violating the user guidelines, the same thing has happened to me removing imperfections of the face, like pimples, even, I wanted to remove a chair from the background and it told me that it violated the user guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These guidlines are rediculous.  I work with fashion/boudoir, no nudity and generative fill could be SO helpful and  useful, but if a belly is showing I violate guidlines.  Please lighten up on this Adobe, let all of us creators/photogs get some use out of this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, those limitations are killing AI features. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One issue is that if there is even a hint of nudity in the image, it "violates terms". So, if I am expanding the background of an image, why does it matter if the person/subject in the image is half or fully nude? I am expanding the background, not the person. The person is utterly irrelvant to expanding the background. What is it Adobe's business? This is the kind of big brother nonsense we dont need as artists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's sad how many half naked women show up in generations. In fact once I had a pic of a woman wearing nothing from the waist down. Clear violation of their own guidlines I'd say

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Generative Fill will often result in a pop-up message saying "The generated images were removed because they violate user guidelines" when no guidelines were violated. This happens more often when using Generative Fill without a prompt but sometimes with a prompt too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also a frustrating violation whilst trying to create a very PG13 image- I wanted to put a whelk on a rock on a beach. I  got the rock and the beach, but I can only assume that a whelk has another meaning these days, 'cos it triggers a violation every time. I tried a winkle instead. Same violation error. "Shellfish" gives entirely the wrong type of shell, so I cant work round it. This sort of obsessive word list banning, without context, is very very frustrating and counter-productive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, as always, I got so many times the same message of prompts being censored, God! Even the prompt of a sniper rifle is banned, yesterday it was "full blood moon"...this is ridiculous. Not to mention the sexism of only censoring women (or any female character) and not men, this is abusive. When is this nonsense going to stop ? How can adobe uphold a misogynistic and sexist policy ? I’m on my computer, how dare you restrict the use of my software that I'm paying every month ?

Fix this please, there's no justification for that censorship!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same message for my wildlife images!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

says it violates user guidelines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All we know is that Adobe are being super sensitive with its Ai because of it being such a contentious subject right now.  It's basically a case of being able to say 'Don't blame us' when Skynet sends the Terminators to toast our butts.  

Hmmm..  I wonder if the forum will let me post the word 'butts'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my experience too. Constant violation errors when I cannot think of any reason why they'd occur. I got one yesterday for asking it to add a sheet to a bed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I violated the guidelines twice by asking for "campfire" and "starry skies" 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😅😅😅😅.   We've had a laugh amongst the frustration at least 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, If you stopped trying to impose your moral values on a world of photographers who range from landscape to boudoir, and just stuck to blocking anything unlawful you'd probably have a much happier user base. Just a thought, but you might like to explain WHY all these perfectly acceptable words are triggering violations. IF I wanted to add, say, a bra to a display for a client selling bras, why shouldn't I, as a professional photographer be able to do so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOT just bra, but nightdress, bikini, brooch ( although if you put jewellery before it that works ) or any form of womens underwear. Even swimwear is not acceptable just now, it's completely absurd. I'm getting sick fed up of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finding out about using . instead of blank prompt probably saved me from a few months in jail, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to extend the background using generative fill on attached photo and I keep getting a violating user guidelines error when clicking on the generate button. This photo clearly does not violate any of the user guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get starry skies, they're usually stupid childlike cartoon rubbish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on 64 bit Windows 11, Photoshop Beta 24.7.0

I was trying to extend the top of an image of a widow spinner. I increased the canvas size and selected the extension, clicked on generative fill, and clicked generate. 

Expect - image extended

Actual result - guideline violation message "The generated images were deleted because they violate user guidelines. 

The algorithm is screwy - I've had this happen on several images where there was nothing that would violate any guidelines. It could have horrible consequences if my license were to be revoked for excessive violations, as warned in the guidelines. See image below.

Screenshot 2023-07-17 105125.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say 99.9 % of us have had dozens of those errors, and I'm pretty sure it's safe enough to ignore them. Even admin on here know we get them for no reason whatsoever most of the time. As has been pointed out before, try using a full stop, or period even when extending a frame. That ALWAYS works for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illegal in which country?
In my country, nudity isn't a problem, and sometimes some Americans come across as sex-crazed by seeing evil everywhere.

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! I noticed that lots of times, especially when you zoom over 300% the IA get violations on not prohibited subjects, like for example now I'm working on chairs in a main hall without any people, any brand  logo, any kids etc.. and recreating the edge of a chair for IA is impossible because "It violated the guide lines". That happens to me so many times that I'm looking for a solution.

Ok, I can go back to use the old tools I've always used until now, but it's just frustrating to having a new tool that I can't use correctly, especially because I'm respecting the guide lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a good one. Typed in children, generated those fine. Another pic I had a woman in the distance so typed child into the prompt. Dreaded orange error. Typed in kid and that was fine. Come on Adobe get your act together

Votes

Translate

Translate