Exit

P: Generated images violate user guidelines

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunny.png

image (1).png

So as you can see, it's a PG-13 relatively inoffensive image of a woman in a bunny outfit. The top worked fine, and I was able to complete the top ear, which is cool. When I tried to extend the bottom with generative fill, though, I got this warning. They're just a pair of legs wearing stockings, and I wanted to extend it.

It feels like a false flag - though I could be wrong? I find myself thinking it would do the same for women in swimsuits.

Figured I'd share here.

Bug Started Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Dear Community,

On November 7th, 2023, the Firefly for Photoshop service was updated and improved for this issue. You should encounter fewer guideline errors when working on or near skin-tone areas that do not violate the community guidelines.

While the improvement is a big step in the right direction, we are continuing to explore new ways to minimize false-positives. Please continue to give us feedback on this new forum thread and also report false violation errors in the application.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1382 Replies 1382
1,381 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It makes me wonder if they are only showing the error if the first image is bad, and they could continue to generate the second and third images?"

That might be what's going on. But I get single examples often, even with images that include no people at all.  Fortunately, the single examples more often than not give me what I'm looking for, though I'm usually removing things rather than adding them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well thats nothing like the Tradis, but it even stuggles with non copywrite 'British' things

This is a Typical British Police Officer   LOL the others where even worse   It needs to get less Americanpolice.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem, try leanardo for generating a tardis and importing the image to the background you want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do fashion photography and I have tried to add tights to a model in skirt with the prompt "opaque tights" and there's nothing to do, I always get the community guideline message. That filter seems to be a bit too sensitive in my humble opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @daze507 curious if you are seeing the same issue with prompts and errors in the release version of Ps: Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230906.r.37 b14e317 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CoryShubert 

Yes, Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230906.r.37 b14e317 x64, I did not try the beta so cannot tell if there's a difference.
It's extremely sensitive, I made other tests trying to change the colour of a swimsuit, same, 90% resulted in this guideline message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@daze507, did you try changing up the prompt a bit? I was successful out of the gate in this quick test using “solid white stockings” and “dark nylon stockings.”

JEL_0-1695139754730.png

JEL_1-1695139762636.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@daze507 Ok, this is the Ps beta forum so any questions and issues you see should be posted in the release version of Ps forum to keep things clear and for the team to understand where the issues are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I put swimsuit tops and bottoms on nude models quite often to make them suitable for uploading to Facebook. Very few if any issues. Try use just a '.' as a prompt to see if Generative Fill can figure out on it's own what you are attempting to do, or put a '.' at the end of your prompt. That can sometimes help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J E L 
So that's funny, with "nylon stockings" it works almost all the time, you would have thought the opposite was true.
The result is very meh though...

Screenshot 2023-09-19 172500.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubertWill do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried dark tights and got refused.   So typed in Dark nylons using '.' and got this result. Was quite surprised at the matching colour result. 

19th sept 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I highly suspect that the AI bot gives first consideration to the original photo before it starts to rely on the work of others. In that sense, it works like Content Aware Fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V25 is no better. Your community guidelines are too constricting.  Artists are trying to create but are being met with this Adobe ideaology that harkens back to the 1900s.  Open up the boundries, we're all adults here.  Give us a more robust tool OR remove it.  Looking into other platforms that are not baby sitters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I put swimsuit tops and bottoms on nude models quite often"

Yes, me too without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also had no problems dressing nude women. However the silliest violation came up erlier today when I was working on a Christmas fairy for my wifes' christmas cards. For reasons known only to the bot and God, I'd 2 or 3 attempts blocked. There was no bare skin in view, so wonder would it have been the word fairy ?  I changed it to fairie after that and it was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kawaki what specifically are you being restricted on? What kind of prompts are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not giving prompts.  I want to continue what I started.  In this case a nude male and a sheet.  Like I said before, we're all adults and should have the creative rules to let generative fill do it's own thing.  The resulta can be surprising. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you think a specific word is the issue, it's best to head over to Firefly and try a prompt there with the word in question. If you get a violation response, then it's the word. If not, it was a bug in GF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue in photshop 25 (not beta).
Your tip says that if you want to remove something just don't write any prompt, when I try to remove a table (without any prompt) it says "the images were removed yada yada yada..." the image is of a woman fully clothed, nothing nsfw about it, in a publuc cafe and I am trying to remove a table behind her.
If this is your tip inside Photoshop, why here you suggest to add a prompt?

This is redicoulos, finally you make something amazing (after so many years you stagnated and practicly did nothing ionovotaive in photoshop) but than you add these stupid guidelines. WHY? are you afraid to be held acountable for some nudity or gore? it's not like I can't just use photshop the old fashioned way to make whatever I want, wouldn't you be accountable then?

What kind of an artist tool is that anyway? nudity has been part of the art world for thousdns of years, honsetly every day that go by I am fed up with your corporate BS more and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you attempted to enter a period (.) as your prompt? This fixes the issue 99% of the time. It's been well documented here. Nudity has nothing to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, entering a "." period does fix the guideline error most of the time. What I do not understand is why isn't the period correction just put into the generative code by the engineers who are developing this AI program? Why is it left for us to continue to try to correct this bug? If the period works, why isn't it automatic and behind the scenes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wondered that myself in the very beginning. Possibly because if a period were entered automatically, then users who normaly enter an actual prompt would have to remove it each time or enter their cursor in front of it. But just a guess. Meanwhile, keep in mind that a released version doesn't necessary mean that all bugs have been eliminated, but only that it is stable enough to be released into the wild. I'm sure your cell phone and numerous applications on your phone or computer require updating on a frequent bases to eliminate bugs or privacy issues discovered after the public release, sometimes even months later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@daniellei4510

To be clear I didn't mean the period should be automatically put into the visable prompt field but put into the code to fix the error message. The user wouldn't see it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I figured that out after I posted. 🙂 I'm not a programmer by any means, but even if it were possible, it would just be a band-aid and not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate