Exit

P: Generated images violate user guidelines

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunny.png

image (1).png

So as you can see, it's a PG-13 relatively inoffensive image of a woman in a bunny outfit. The top worked fine, and I was able to complete the top ear, which is cool. When I tried to extend the bottom with generative fill, though, I got this warning. They're just a pair of legs wearing stockings, and I wanted to extend it.

It feels like a false flag - though I could be wrong? I find myself thinking it would do the same for women in swimsuits.

Figured I'd share here.

Bug Started Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Dear Community,

On November 7th, 2023, the Firefly for Photoshop service was updated and improved for this issue. You should encounter fewer guideline errors when working on or near skin-tone areas that do not violate the community guidelines.

While the improvement is a big step in the right direction, we are continuing to explore new ways to minimize false-positives. Please continue to give us feedback on this new forum thread and also report false violation errors in the application.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1376 Replies 1376
1,375 Comments
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay putting periods in sometimes helps BUT the nudity does matter.  Adobe, please address this issue of censorship.  Please continue your long standing support of open creativity.  We are artists, photographers and creaters.  Please respect that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I put clothing (usually swimwear tops and bottoms) on entirely nude models to make them suitable for Facebook (talk about censorship!) and have never had problems. At least none that I couldn't find work-arounds for. If skin or nudity is the cause of any issues, it still to me is the result of a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No word should be "in question"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every legitimate AI platform has a banned word list. And always will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"legitmate"?   Really?  What is legitmate AI?  There are some very "legitimate" AI engines that allow for creativity without word censorship.  These I will be using rather than Adobe's poor attempt at a narrow market. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Legitimate" as in virtually every popular AI platform available today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are certainly welcome to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FB_IMG_1695746588857.jpg

 Nothing can solve it...😑😑

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Saiyab325449548gf4 

Adobe has limited access to the generative fill and generative expand features to customers with a valid subscription to a plan that includes Photoshop ( Creative Cloud, Single app or Photography plan).

Potential customers can try Photoshop and the generative features by signing up for a 7 day trial here - https://www.adobe.com/downloads.html 

If you believe that you have are incorrectly receiving the above error and qualify to use the generative features, please contact technical support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this warning pop-up for something innocuous, then it automatically disappeared before I could click on anything. Is there way for me to find that notification again so I can click Request Review? If not I suggest the warnings stay up until an action is chosen.

The new Generative AI is fantastic, BTW. Finally brought be back to Photoshop after all these years. Looking forward to seeing these small bugs get worked out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge, once it's gone, it's gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an image generated with the iPhone app called MyMood Ai: Avatar Photo Editor. It generates an averaged image based on pictures uploaded. It does an excellent job and even puts the model in various clothes that compliment the subject. Suitable for corporate headshots and they're excellent. As with a lot of AI apps currently available, it screws up the hands and even (occassionally) adds a third arm which is truley bizzare.

All this being said (BTW this is a corporate headshot for my daughter). I wanted to extend the background but it said I didn't have copywrite ownership so it wouldn't allow it. I can do it the old fashioned way - which I did but Gen Fill wouldn't let me.

What I found interesting is the hand had deformed fingers and she liked the photo but the hand looked seriously bad. Gen fill "did" allow me to encircle the arm and with no prompt, replace it with the appropriate background - which it did really well.

I was curious why it wouldn't let be extend the background but it would let me fix the hand. Is this normal?

TY.

R.Cates

R.Cates
CSI Productions
If you want peace, be peaceful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most recent  PS Beta ( the same result from released version ) 
new level of  AI  paranoia :
Anything that looks somewhat  reddish is forbidden ....
( provided feedback couple of times but of course that doesnt help ) 
where is " prolong deadline"  button 🙂  ? 

Skärmavbild 2023-10-06 kl. 04.50.53.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide the original image in its entirely? I'd like to give it a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As expected AI is easy to manipulate - 
Moral algorithm is sensitive to all red tones . 
Workaround is to invert image ( so it becomes cyan - ish ) then use Generative Fill ( it works ) 
Invert the image again - and You are back into " forbidden tones" area. Skärmavbild 2023-10-06 kl. 14.18.33.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jann Lipka what prompt were you using and what was the expected outcome? There is no "bias" for red tone images at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zero prompt - i just wanted to remove creases in the fabrics 
You can download my file - and check - 
when red - No go - violation 
Inverted to cyan  - it works . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jann Lipka So this is not a case of "AI Paranoia" - as noted extensively in here, leaving the prompt blank can lead to false flag errors. Selecting the same area you noted and adding a prompt "Smooth fabric" worked just fine with your original image. No need to invert a reddish image.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1696603310645.png

kevinstohlmeyer_1-1696603371745.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK noted and indeed it worked OTOH 
"tooltip " dialog specifically mentions NOT to 
fill any prompt when removing things just making loose selection . So thats what I did Skärmavbild 2023-10-06 kl. 16.49.29.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problem with it, either, using a period as a prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jann Lipka When you have specific needs, adding a prompt is best. Otherwise I compare it to throwing dirt in a windstorm with the expectation that it lands all back in your hand. Users need to be detailed and descriptive with prompts when you have specific needs or leave it all to chance.

With Generative Fill 1.0 leaving it blank can cause false violations - as stated throughout this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an observation - Unless I'm missing something, the two images of the wrinkled curtain which you say worked doesn't look any different than the original (at least not noticibly). What am I missing?

R.Cates
CSI Productions
If you want peace, be peaceful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm having better luck with generative fill more than others because I've only used it once to add something. Otherwise, I use it to remove things (with the exception of Generative Expand, and only then when I want to change the aspect ratio to expand an empty background). The only time I've used GF. to add something was to add a highway next to a hitchhiker and it required a good 20+ attempts to get something acceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so not following tooltip seems to work best . 
( "remove wrinkles " prompt works - No prompt give me violation 
Screenshot 5 minutes ago ( I thought maybe AI learned from my tries ( 10 times " providing feedback" )
- I lost probably 50 credits on this .-) 
I have most recent Beta ( OSX )

Skärmavbild 2023-10-06 kl. 18.37.37.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CSI Productions I didnt do the entire curtain - just the specific area that @Jann Lipka had selected before. Those are just two examples the second does show a smooth curtain without a wrinkle in that specific area.

Votes

Translate

Translate