• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Generative Fill Button greyed out (age)

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After selection is active, I cannot use the generative fill button. It's visible, but greyed out...

I already switched from german language to english without success.. Please advice. Thanks !

Patrick

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

This issue was fixed with the 24.6 release

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Current known fixes/workarounds for this are listed in this FAQ: 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Everyone, if you are having issues with Generative Fill, please download the latest beta: 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230603.m.2196 77b00e0 x64

and restart Ps beta and see if this solves this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 769 Replies 769
769 Comments
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeps telling me that generative fill is not an option because my account indicates that I am not yet 18. I have never put an age or birthdate in Adobe. How can I fix this? I have been trying to find where to tell Adobe that I am indeed over 18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YouTube videos keep saying that you can add your birthday in Behance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I try to use the generator, the application tells me that this option is reserved for users over 18 years old. I'm 36 so that shouldn't be a problem. How can I change this state of affairs, I can't find my date of birth mentioned anywhere in my creative cloud account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Josh30109355citf 

If you still have trouble entering your birthdate, contact Adobe Customer Care by Chat or by Twitter:
Try the link to auto-open the Chat:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen  
Type "agent"

If your browser blocks the Chat window, try the troubleshooting tips here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703  

You can send a tweet to @AdobeCare.

Do not reply to PMs, which are likely to be scammers.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when trying to use generative  fill, pop up states, I'm not 18 and will not allow me to use. How do I change my age?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new function  Generative Fill is greyed out and you get a warning  that you apparently to young  even though you are over the age 18.  In this case  it is possible that you don't have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account.

To update your Date of Birth, you can do either of the following steps:

• Sign out and sign back into Creative Cloud Desktop Client and Photoshop (Beta) app
  • If you sign in using social sign-in (Apple, Google or Facebook), ensure that your Date of Birth in that account is set to public instead of private.

Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (Beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.3.1 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - I am trying to use the new Generative Fill in the recent Beta version, but it tells me I have to be over 18. I am 54!!! Can anyone tell me how to update this information please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nach Installierung von Photoshop (Beta) wurde ich in dem Prorgamm darauf hingewiesen, dass aus meinem Konto wohl hervorgeht, dass ich noch nicht 18 Jahre alt sei und ich somit die AI-Funktion nicht nutzen kann.

Da ich aber bereits 20 bin und meines Wissens nie nach einem Geburtsdatum gefragt wurde, suchte ich vergebens nach einem Ort, an dem ich dies ändern oder eingeben kann - leider ohne Erfolg.

Kann mir da jemand weiterhelfen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jonathan30118788atbw 

Hi Jonathan, here's how:

Why is the Generative Fill button greyed out if I'm over 18?

If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you and you're over the age of 18, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do either of the following:

• Sign out and sign back in to both the Creative Cloud Desktop app and the Photoshop (beta) app
  • If you sign in using social sign-in (Apple, Google, and Facebook), ensure that your date of birth in that account is set to public instead of private.

Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

I'll move your post to the primary thread in Photoshop beta

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am over 18 years old, and the program gives an error that supposedly I am under 18 years old

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melden Sie sich sowohl bei der Creative Cloud Desktop-App als auch bei der Photoshop-App (Beta) ab und wieder an
Melden Sie sich mit Ihrer Adobe-ID bei Behance an und geben Sie Ihr Geburtsdatum ein

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lars123456789 

I've moved your post to the primary thread in the Photoshop beta forum.

If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you and you're over the age of 18, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do either of the following:

• Sign out and sign back in to both the Creative Cloud Desktop app and the Photoshop (beta) app
  • If you sign in using social sign-in (Apple, Google, and Facebook), ensure that your date of birth in that account is set to public instead of private.

Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to use generative filling, it doesn't work and I get this message:
This function can only be used by people aged 18 and over at the moment? Your account indicates that you are not yet 18 years old.
I am 53 years old, and nowhere did I find my age listed or editable in my account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Jane - That worked a treat. All up and running.

Much appreciated..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time I try to use it, I get an error message "This feature can only be used by those 18 and older at this time. Your account shows that you're not yet 18." LOL

How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe thinks I'm not 18 and I cannot use some functions. I cannot find a setting in my profile to tell my age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only update I have now is for 20230516.m.2174.

I'm on a Windows Computer and fully updated Photoshop Beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot run the Generative fill part of the photoshop beta program but it keeps telling me im not over 18 years old, i have been a photographer for 35 years, it tells me that i have to put my age in on my adobe account settings, but there is noware to put it, can you help. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it a couple of times but it is of no help

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola amigo me podrias ayudare estoy en la misma situación podrias ser más especifico como lo solucionaste porfavor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read elsewhere that you need to log out of you Creative Cloud and Adobe account, then go to Behance.net and log in with your Adobe ID. You should then be able to enter your birthdate (somewhere, although they didn't say where). Then log back in to your Creative Cloud account and you should be good to go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the SAME problem.   Makes no sense at all to me.  I thought I'd try the new Beta version to edit family pictures taken in the 1950s (for my mother) and I'm being prevented from doing so.  Adobe knows my date of birth so why am I being told I'm under 18 years of age when I'm pushing 60?

Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 10.24.03 am.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @Jonathan30118788atbw , I'm glad it's working for you now!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nowhere on my creative cloud account does it ask for my date of birth. What am I supposed to do? This is beyound frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I use PhotoShop Beta AI? It says I'm under 18. I was born in 1997.

And I can't edit my birthday on the web because it's not available to filter.

Bhornsawelee301349407vsr_1-1685363567671.png

Bhornsawelee301349407vsr_2-1685363820441.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ASIAKO 

Votes

Translate

Translate