• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic>Edit in PS: Long Delay+Erroneous Error Message opening Ps Beta 2024 25.0

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated Photoshop Beta to 2024 v25.0 on my Windows 11 machine.

Now when I try to open photos from LR 12.4 using the "edit in...", it hangs up for a time and then comes up saying "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be launched."

When I hit "Ok" it then opens the file in Photoshop 2024. 

This happens with every file, even if Photoshop 2024 is already up and running at the time. 

This does not happen with 2023 v24.7.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Lightroom Classic 12.5 released this evening.  If used in conjunction with PS Beta 25.0 or later, this erroneous error message plus long open wait time should be mitigated. Please install LrC 12.5 and make certain that your Beta is up to date.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

This thread will be

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1160 Replies 1160
1,160 Comments
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nach dem Entwickeln in LRC 12,5 und Bearbeiten in Photoshop 2023 (Vers. 24.7.0) startet zwar Photoshop, aber es wird kein Bild angezeigt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have installed Photoshop Beta 25.0 it's a known issue.

P: Lightroom Classic>Edit in PS: Long Delay+Errone... - Adobe Support Community - 13966962

You  can rollback to Beta version 24.7

I've heard about this issue also about systems there's no Beta installed, especially MacOS systems.

In this case try this: Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Application to uninstall Photoshop. When asked, keep preferences! After this reinstall Photoshop again.

If this doesn't help the nest step is to reinstall both apps Lightroom and Photoshop. Please follow the steps below:

1. Open the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Client and uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic. When asked, keep preferences! 

2. Install Photoshop first and then Lightroom Classic. The right order is very important here!

If this doesn't help try the reinstallation with removing the preferences also.

If this also doesn't help try to rollback to Photoshop 24.6

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 -- LR-Classic 14 - Photoshop 26 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible to select and open photos from Lrc in PS . It can only be done as a smart object, or direct from the hd location. 

1 App version 12.4

2 OS Ventura 13.4.1

3 Open in ps 

4 That selected file opens in PS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since a week now, I updated PS and LrC too, since than. WTF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for all the people in this threat falling on a sword for Adobe about it being a beta version, rolling LR back to 12.2.1 fixes this bug so its a problem on the LR side rather than the PS side. You'll lose denoise AI doing this but its a small price to pay for losing efficient workflow. Adobe couldn't have timed this worse being in the middle of the busiest month of the year for weddings 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Losing Denoise AI??? 
What a shame - 

Adobe at its worst performance ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for all the people in this threat falling on a sword for Adobe about it being a beta version, rolling LR back to 12.2.1 fixes this bug so its a problem on the LR side rather than the PS side. 

By @Adept Imagery 

You're right. It's a Beta and Beta versions may contain errors. So it's recommended not to use Beta in productive environments.

But what had PhotoShop Beta to do with Lightroom? I don't think that a rollback to Lightroom 12.2.1 with all the disadvantages (bugfixes, missing functions in LR) is necessary.

Here were some workarounds posted to use Beta 25.0 anyway, even if it's a bit more cumbersome than the normal way.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 -- LR-Classic 14 - Photoshop 26 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem seems to be that Lightroom is trying to export to a .exe that doesn't exist (yet), i.e. Photoshop 2024. My workaround until recently was to rollback to Photoshop Beta 24.7 as I do use the generative fill for many things where content aware just doesn't cut it anymore. Now that Generative AI is only on Photoshop Beta 25.0 or later, this has seriously screwed up my workflow. Previously I could also export to Photoshop from Lightroom and retain the raw file extension (e.g. .nef) until I'd saved the file. Sometimes I just want to lift a face from one group shot into another - now it's creating a TIFF before I even edit in Photoshop. Quite frustrating.

When you rollback to Photoshop Beta 24.7, Lightroom does automatically pick up the "latest" version of Photoshop and reads it as Photoshop 2023. So it does seem to be an embedded instruction across Adobe platforms that "updates" the Photoshop version in Lightroom rather than Lightroom being at fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the sentiment of not using a beta in a productive environment but its been working fine for a few months, a couple of months is long enough for any process to embed itself into any busy workflow, the problem isn't that PS or LR doesn't work, the problem is a basic feature (Exporting from LR to PS) which as somebody alluded to earlier in this thread should have been picked up by the most basic of functions test before release.

The fact that such a basic bug still exists 3 weeks after it was reported and they still went ahead with making 24.7 incompatible knowing that 25 would essentially 'break' the workflow of many photographers without some creative workarounds is a very poor showing from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version number of Photoshop do you have installed?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; (also Laptop Win 11, ver 23H2, LrC 14.0.1, ; ) Camera Oly OM-D E-M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps verion is 24.7.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with PS Beta. In YouTube you find a new video  from Antony Morganti  about this bug!

The solution works , but the bug is not acceptable

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fotos > Bearbeiten in > Photopsop als Ebene öffnen ...

Bilder werden nicht übergeben, wo muss ich suchen ... Einstellungen in LR oder PS?

Danke und viele Grüsse E.O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current work around. ( Annoying but it works )
#1 Revert Photoshop beta to (24.7)
#2 Do all your overall editing using Lightroomand Photoshop beta 24.7.
#3 After you have completed your overall editing between both programs do all of your ai related editing last
After Reinstalling beta 25.0.

I'm a real estate photographer and that's my work around.

NOTE TO DEVS
It would be pretty handy if you could turn off the necessary update In order to use AI on 24.7 At least temporarily until you fix your broken software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depuis la denrière MàJ de la version beta (25.0), quand je clique sur "Modifier dans Photoshop" depuis lightroom, soit l'image met beaucoup de temps à s'ouvrir (et affiche que le fichier n'a pas pu être modifié parce que Photoshop n'a pas pu être lancé. Le fichier s'ouvre juste après le message), soit ne s'ouvre pas du tout malgré qu'un doublon soit créé dans lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't have said it better myself.  By forcing us to upgrade to version 25, from 24.7; while losing certain functions (Gen fill) of V24.7 while knowing that there is a bug in v25 is just evil.  lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can keep Beta V25.0 if you reverse LRC to 12.2.1 den it works fine

--
Med vänlig hälsning:

*Mikael Seise*

<Mod: Address and phone number removed>

[Moderator]

[personal information removed per policy - 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-community-professionals/email-signatures-and-personal-informati...

[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

Best regards: Micke Seise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you install LRC 12.2.1 den it works alright again but you can't use noicereduction AI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you install LRC 12.2.1 den it works alright again but you can't use noicereduction AI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I change the LR version to 12.2.1 and I select 2 photos and try to open this in layers in Photoshop I get 2 images but it is the same image and not the 2 different images which I have selected in the beginning. Is there another workaround? It does not work with previous versions of LR either unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First and foremost - all my adobe apps are current.

This issue started happening since the last week or so.

I try to open a single image or a stack from LR to PS.

The workflow would open PS, but doesn't show any of my images.

It shows my LR images from my LR phone app (which I could care less).

I am using MacBook Pro M1.

Please help me, as I can't do my work (which pays the bills). 

Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. My photoshop will open, but it doesnt send over the stacks from LRC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here, has only happened recently. I uninstalled the non-beta Photoshop, thinking that maybe that would spur it to use the right app and open the layers correctly, but it does none of those things now. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering the same issue. Hopefully they'll fix it soon, it's very annoying and delays all my workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian Lyons' post on August 8 about how to downgrade the beta version worked for me! Find the post in this thread from him on 8/8 that includes this text, then follow the directions and images:
(Thanks Ian!)

"There is an known issue with the Photohop 2024 beat that results in the transferred file not appearing in Photoshop for mnay minutes. Therefore, until the issue is fixed, you'll need to downgrade to Photoshop 24.6 or 24.7 I've included a screenshot below showing the steps involved."

Votes

Translate

Translate