• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop Beta Generative Fill produces different colors at the edges of the selection.

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to add additional areas to the edges of an image using Generative Fill, it creates mismatched colors at the junction of the new and existing parts. It deviates slightly from the original areas, resulting in a grid-like pattern in those areas where new parts were created using the Generative Fill option, even if I fill them with 1024x1024 pixel sections.

I have already uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but the issue persists. I am using an iMac Pro running Ventura 13.3.1 system.

Photoshop Beta 24.7.0

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Passing on to the team.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 215 Replies 215
215 Comments
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer 

Hi Kevin!

Since I work with large images, I don't really use the Generative Expand function, as the result will be a different resolution than the original.I fill in parts of 1000x1000 pixels with the app. Anyway I checked now, it doesn't matter which one I use, the result will be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm - it still persists in current Beta, independent of whether in 8 or 16-bit mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue in the latest version as of 3rd May 2024.  Can the team just get it right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to cry it still doesn't work for me for several months now........................... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a complete uninstall and reinstall. I was the person that posted this originally and it has been working since I did that.

Ken 
[personal information removed as per forum guidelines]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kenneth303399867rim 

I did it and not just one time... but nothing changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did, including resetting preferences, etc - no change.

This is really frustrating, @CoryShubert - is there at least any update on this? It happens on different color spaces, bit-depth, etc. - at least on my MB Pro running macOS 14.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue on Beta 25.12.

I don't know what I'm paying for when every update cripples key features more and more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Topp Photography you do realize this is a beta that you voluntarily participate in correct? Read the agreement for beta testing.

You are paying for subscriptions for the public release - the beta availability is an add-on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's broken the feature in both beta and regular photoshop. None of the remove features are working properly since update - I only mentioned Beta, because this is a thread for the beta...

Thank you for your passive aggressive attack however.

I've hated the subscription model for Adobe, and I long for the days when I could purchase a stable product like the CS6 suite.

Your unwarranted attitude for my criticism confirms that I am paying for no real service when I have exhausted all routes for "help" to get either version of Photoshop to function correctly all the sudden on any of my systems.

Hope you have the day you deserve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Topp Photography Sorry if I came off offensive. A lot of users complain about the quality of beta software not realizing that this is a testing environment to try new features and updates, not part of the public released subscription. You don't have to use the beta if it's not working for you. That being said please take a re-read of your post also and the tone given for a voluntary beta participation program.

I would ask you to post your issue with the public version in the Photoshop thread as that has not been widely reported and could be something we can assit you with resolving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already uninstalled the Beta when I made that post. I was venting in addtion to posting a reply, because I have been in a conversation with Adobe for "help" for an hour.

The most I was asked is "Are you using 2 monitors" and "Can you provide the forums where there are other complaints on this that are for regular photostop" - I took more time from my work to google and find two other posts about this issue in regular Photoshop that I had read previously when I was trying to resolve this myself for 2 weeks.

I made my own post, but I don't have much hope for any change in a timely fashion.

This has negatively impacted my workflow for weeks, but especially the last 2 days. I have sent numerous reports through the programs on each PC, but apparantly I have to take my complaints public to be seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you are having issues. This is a user-to-user public forum where Adobe can and does sometimes pop in to assist. My experience has been the customer care chat/phone support is more "customer service" than "technical support". The forums are a good place to find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Topp Photography sorry you are having these issues. The team is aware of this and have multiple projects working on solutions for this.

If you would like to setup a time to chat with me, I would be happy to see if your issues have another solution that we can act on.  Feel free to reach out to shubert@adobe.com

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

or to have people chastise you for being disappointed in a persisting issue since a previous beta version has been brought to regular photoshop...

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate