• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop beta v25.12 no longer recognizes NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran the update for Photoshop beta v25.12 no longer recognizes NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080.  Regular photoshop works fine so it must be the beta.  I rebooted.  Windows 10.   see screenshots attached showing GPU info in Beta vs production Photoshop.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this. This is unexpected, for sure. Please delete preferences. I hesitate to recommend getting the updated drivers, since it seems to work fine with the standard Photoshop release. Something specific to your Beta operational environmenet; either the prefs, or a TDR when launching (or even before it) that could be tripping Ps up. Please let us know if the preference reset does it, and also restart the computer and launch Ps first thing to see if a fresh reset of memory behaves any differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your message @Mark.Dahm .  I deleted my preferences and reboot= no change.  Reset Preferences on Quit and relaunched = no change.  Reset Preferences on Launch and restart = no change.  

Maybe there is a database of graphics cards that PS is checking that has not been updated to include the fairly common 4080 card?2024-07-18_15h14_06.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop does not use an explicit list to qualify cards, but I know other Adobe products have gone that way. If you could, would you mind sending me your System Info output (from under Photoshop's Help menu)? Can either post here or send email diredctly to me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark.Dahm  I direct messaged my system profile since it didn't seem to show here when I posted it.  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@toddj13680390 , if you launch Ps and hold down the shift key, it will disable 3rd party plugins; if you do that, does the error dialog still appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Beta branch where you are seeing the problem will be shipping very soon; may want to hold off upgrading PS in your situation until we track down what's going on. This is the first report I've seen like this with this branch, so we didn't hold up the release, but let's stay on it. Let me know if the 3rd party suppression helps us narrow down the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mark.Dahm I launched with extensions off but got the same message .. 

toddj13680390_0-1721408858536.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @toddj13680390 would you also copy and paste your syinfo here so others can help and see if they notice anything that might be causing this?

Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert , I got the system info and have shared this with our team; they asked whether @toddj13680390 could run sniffer via command line to see exactly where it's crashing.

@toddj13680390 , if you can, would you follow these directions:

• Go into the following folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop (Beta)
  • Click in the address bar of File Explorer to select its contents.
  • Type cmd and press Enter. This opens a non-admin Command Prompt session in the current folder.
  • Type /sniffer.exe > c:\users\[username]\snifferoutput.txt
    • This last command will write the sniffer output into a text file where you have write permissions; please send us that file; if you could also do that for the shipping version that works, that would be great

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just installed the latest version of Photoshop 25 11 0 706 (64) and am having similar problems.

I am using a Nvidia 2070 super gpu.

All was fine until today the new version tries to load thejust fails.

Many Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@G38783438paye , thanks for letting us know; can you also try running sniffer, as recommended above?

Are you able to run the previous version of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW @Mark.Dahm  I ran the beta update this morning and got the same message2024-07-24_08h37_23.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mark.Dahm  since the system doesn't seem to allow attaching the text document, I am pasting the text from the beta here: 

Number of Launches: 0
stdout:
[0 ms]
Launch GPUSnifferThread

[1 ms]
Start RunAllAPIs

[1 ms]
"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Photoshop (Beta)\\sniffer.exe" -baseTimeMS=498402 -comment=Photoshop Version: Adobe Photoshop 25.12.0 20240722.m.2708 7e0e5ce x64

[3 ms]
Start GetSnifferResult

[61 ms]
[kStatusCrash, kExitUndefined]

[61 ms]
Finish RunAllAPIs

[61 ms]
Start native

[61 ms]
"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Photoshop (Beta)\\sniffer.exe" -baseTimeMS=498402 -comment=Photoshop Version: Adobe Photoshop 25.12.0 20240722.m.2708 7e0e5ce x64 -native

[66 ms]

[66 ms]
Finish native

[66 ms]
Start openGL

[66 ms]
"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Photoshop (Beta)\\sniffer.exe" -baseTimeMS=498402 -comment=Photoshop Version: Adobe Photoshop 25.12.0 20240722.m.2708 7e0e5ce x64 -openGL

[70 ms]

[70 ms]
Finish openGL

[70 ms]
Start openCL

[70 ms]
"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Photoshop (Beta)\\sniffer.exe" -baseTimeMS=498402 -comment=Photoshop Version: Adobe Photoshop 25.12.0 20240722.m.2708 7e0e5ce x64 -openCL

[75 ms]

[75 ms]
Finish openCL

stderr:
could not create sniffer processcould not create sniffer processcould not create sniffer processcould not create sniffer process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tod.  Sorry, I have only just seen your thread, but I am using the same GPU with Windows 11, and I usually use the beta version and have had no issues.

image.png

I'm using a fairly old driver (if it in't broke, don't fix it  — I am not going to be updating that driver any time soon if it means I'll be in your position).   560.70 is the latest Studio driver.  We generally find the Studio drivers work better than the Game Ready drivers.

image.png

The Adobe guys are looking after you, and way better placed to help than me, but I can test stuff if need be.

Good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis , thanks for chiming in. That is a relief. I was wary about suggesting a driver update (or downgrade) since it was working fine in a previous version of Ps, but we might be coming to that point.

@toddj13680390 , I shared your output with the team, and am awaiting their response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark, if any one of us had a dollar for every time that Chris Cox advised posters to update their video card driver from the card maker's site, then we'd have a whole lot of dollars.  We miss Chris, but I heard a story about why he left Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@toddj13680390 , since we are not being inudated with issues like this from others, I'm inclined to believe this might be an isolated case, and restricted to Beta (not seeing this yet, even in the recently released full version, right?) To help us get to the next stage, is there any way you can grab System Info from the version of Photoshop that does work, when it is working? The fact that your configuration works with an older Ps version has peaked our interest, and we'd like to see if we can get any more useful info before we fall back to the 'reinstall the driver' routine.

Also, do you have the Geforce 'Experience' software running on that system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Trevor.Dennis , we miss Chris too. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate