• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate Similar in Photoshop (beta)

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now available in the April 2024 release of Photoshop (beta) on desktop 25.9 is Generate Similar.

Generate Similar allows you to use a generated variation as a reference image and produce more results with similar content.  This enhances the accuracy and relevancy of your generated outputs and empowers you to generate many similar variations until you land on one you like.

Follow these steps to use Generate Similar:

1.  After using Generative Fill, Generative Expand, Generate Background or Text to Image (labeled "Generate Image"), select your preferred variation
  2.  Then select the "Generate Similar" option in the menu in the contextual task bar or in the variations within the property panel
  3. Three new variations will generate, and you can repeate and iterate similar variations until you find your desired outcome

AudreySousa_0-1713849392887.png.  AudreySousa_1-1713849411360.png

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate this feature and provide any feedback as we improve it!

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding that when I open the Firefly UI from the bottom of the toolbar, it is ignoring the selection, and filling the entire canvas.  It works fine if I generate from the CTB.  I have tried it several times, but not tried resetting Preferences as of yet.  I've seen Colin Smith demonstrate it in yesterday's upload, so I know it should work with a selectiion, unless I am missing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have watched Colin's video again, and I see he switched from the Firefly UI to Gen Fill when he added the elephant to scene, so we can't use the Firefly UI, with its additional features and options, to add to an existing image.  Is this something that might change in the future?  A lot of people are saying that Generative Fill is producing less relevant results than it did previously, and that is my experience as well.  I was hoping that Firefly 3 would work with Gen Fill and improve on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the Generative Fill tool but was totally confused when I updated to 25.9 from 25.8 and wanted to add a log fire to a fireplace in a real estate photo.... It just filled the entire photo even though I had marked out the area I wanted filling.... I got so frustrated, I stepped back to 25.8.. and it worked...

Its all very well having AI to make things a little easier for folks, but this threw a curve ball 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You had the same experience as me.  Even after watching Colin's video the first time, I parsed the information too quickly and assumed it was an extension of Generative Fill, but It's just Firefly  — albeit FireFly 3.  It seems a bit pointless to me as it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines