• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Auto-numbered lists in Photoshop 2024?

Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone point me to the documentation that describes how to manage auto-numbered lists in Photoshop? I can't find any controls within Photoshop, other than what I stumbled on by randomly pressing tab or enter (looked in Settings, Properties panel, Options bar, Para and Char panels) and can't find any reference to these lists sudden appearance in Ps 2024 anywhere online!! 

TIA,

~Barb

2024-03-27_18-28-38 (1).gif

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Hi everyone, 

Wanting to clear up some confusion around this topic.

Portions of this feature made it into the 25.7 release, and have been removed in the 25.9 release.

The Bullets and numbering feature is now available in the latest Photoshop beta release, and is being discussed in this thread created by Cory

For those of you who want to test this out and provide feedback on it, please do so in the above linked thread in the Photoshop beta forums. 

In the beta, you have the ability to enabl

Votes

Translate

Translate
44 Comments
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, if you have problems with this here's a workarround.
Don't start yous text with "1." or "A."
Simply type any other letter like a "x" as first letter. For example "x1. Level".
Format your text as you want and remove the "x".
(this works also with cut/paste.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a workaround. Type a single space before typing your number and sentence. Everything will remain editable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7 May 2024. Still can't turn this auto-numbering off. And even CMD-Z doesn't undo it. This is an extremely annoying bug. Pls fix ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amelio_R 

As the pinned reply from @CoryShubert states, this is a new feature, not a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert This is a bug-ridden half-implemented feature. Having my typed-in text automatically overridden without anyway to turn it off is definitely a bug. This post is rightly in the 'Bugs' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Beer Me 2x, the space is a great work-around until this is resolved.

~Barb

2024-05-07_16-00-49 (1).gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please please help me turn this automated feature off, I do NOT want to have automatic bullet lists every time, this is very bad to just force this upon us like this

@Beer Me 2xis the only workaround to first hit space and then the - or number to make a list but it is ridiculous that it should be a workaround! C'mon Photoshop, we are paying trough our noses so you can keep this software updated and useful, it seesm I am in the forums daily with some new bug or frustrating new behavior, you have tons of cash to TEST new version before you launch them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a data loss bug. The only way to get rid of this BS is to reset the paragraph but that deletes manually typed text content. We need a "no" checkbox for this misfeature.

[edited by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS THE STUPIDEST FEATURE EVER SINCE HUMAN CIVILIZATION STARTED. Who ask for this? Adobe HAVE TO fire the photoshop team who develope , or suggest this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an annoying feature at the moment. When I try to type for example "2. Bla bla" the "2." becomes invincible and I can't edit it anymore, just the "Bla bla" part. Even in the Layer panel the layer is named just "Bla bla". I've tried everything to find a fix for this annoying bug but nothing yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, how can someone think that it is a good idea to implement a highly intrusive "feature" and dont implement a simple off switch fot it?? What are you guys smoking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

REMOVE THIS IMMEDIATELY

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is impacting my work productivity.  Here's an idea -- if you add something, include an OFF switch!  Absolutely incredible.  And the fact people have been complaining for a month and you'd done NOTHING to fix this says a lot about Adobe and the way they value their customers.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.9, which incorporates the fix for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.9, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed for me. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another completely unnecessary annoying feature. "Thank you" Adobe. You are "better and better"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain why you are making Photoshop a second Indesign? Is it really necessary to bother designers with these pointless innovations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to version 25.9 absolutely DID NOT fix this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone, 

Wanting to clear up some confusion around this topic.

Portions of this feature made it into the 25.7 release, and have been removed in the 25.9 release.

The Bullets and numbering feature is now available in the latest Photoshop beta release, and is being discussed in this thread created by Cory

For those of you who want to test this out and provide feedback on it, please do so in the above linked thread in the Photoshop beta forums. 

In the beta, you have the ability to enable/disable bullets and numbers in Preferences, and modify its behavior via the Properties panel.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate