• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Brush Outline/Circle disappearing when working with masks

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is already a discussion in the community "Brush Outline/Circle disappearing intermittently (NOT CAPS LOCK) ". But since I have figured out in detail how to reproduce the behavior and when it becomes present, I want to report the issue officialy that Adobe hopefully will fix this in one of the next upcoming patch releases.

OS Environment:

• Win 10 Pro 64bit 21H1
  • Adobe Ps 23.0.2

The issue is only present in combination when using Masks on a layer!

1. Create a new document (white, black or transparent layer)
  2. Add a Mask to the layer
  3. Select the layer OR the mask (independent on what you want to paint)
  4. Select the brush tool
  5. Try to start moving the mouse quickliy and pressing the left mouse button nearly at the same time and keep the mouse button pressed
  6. Try to repeat until the you get locked in the issue and the brush circle disappears and the mouse arrow becomes visible

When working with a mouse as input device, the chance to facing this issue is probably rare because this kind of operation, moving the mouse and clicking the button nearly at the same time is kindly unnatural.

But it looks different when using a pen tablet as input device, because now it becomes a more natural operation when hover the pen toward the tablet surface and then drop down onto the surface to start painting.

Kind regards

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 205 Replies 205
205 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeromea13244388 It's an interesting approach.

Actually, I'm not even attempting to install a new version at all after Photoshop 2024 schedule. I just check the fixed issue page from time to time. =( .................

But even when we were talking about this (even during Photoshop 2023), I was always working on RGB mode.
I also work on 16 bits, but I mostly used an 8-bit work environment, and I work on psd, but I also reproduced this bug in a small (1024x1024) document that I newly created. (Of course, these are what I reported when I talked to Adobe by mail, just like you.)

So..................... So I really don't know why. =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having this same issue now. 

Version: 25.3.1

Mac OS 2022 M2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at someone else's brush cursor thread, it came to me after a long time, so I got back to this thread.
Is there any progress on this?

I reported this bug last year (some users, of course, have also been experiencing it in Photoshop 2018, 2019).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  am having the same problem. Is there any update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just noticed the same issue. I've tried a few things but nothing has changed. I'm in the middle of working on a project so I haven't restarted Photoshop yet. I can deal with it, but it is lame that this is still going on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate