• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Camera Raw as a Filter (not the plugin) freezes Photoshop on use

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop is getting stuck whenever I try to use the camera raw filter; nothing opens up after I click on it, and I can't even close my photoshop. everything gets stuck and a sound like a notification comes up, but still, nothing shows up 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Update: May 1 2024

The PS team has reopened this bug due to a small number of reporters on this thread who say the issue is not fixed for them. 

Critical to getting a fix for this is more information from those of you for whom the release did not fix your issue.  Exact Reproduction steps would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Previous:
Adobe has released Photoshop 25.7, which contains a potential fix for the PS>Filter> Camera Raw Filterā€¦ freezing Photoshop. Please install the update from your Creative

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Hi. Thank you everyone for the patience regarding this issue. Photoshop 25.9 has been released and while it does not contain any additional changes to address this issue, it contains a diagnostics mechanism aimed at helping us better understand the root cause so that we can fix it.

@Marshela37315835hi27@absolute_cooks, @Amy247863851ryi, and anyone else still seeing this issue, it would be helpful if you could do the following for us (it involves enabling the new diagnostics mechanism, reprod

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 117 Replies 117
117 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai Ć©galement le mĆŖmeproblĆØme !

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only workaround I found it works (sometimes) is duplicate the layer and edit in Camera Raw. Im thinking using Affinity for color retouching and then make photo composition in Photoshop because of this.

Adobe Support sucks... and probably it will never get fixed because they can't replicate the issue lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.. MacBook Pro M1 13". This is really, really frustrating!!! Adobe, fix this issues ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening to me too. Macbook Pro 14 M1 Pro. Constantly loosing work. Terrible experience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw still crashing Photoshop!!!! No error message or log!!! Even with new version.
Why can't Adobe fix this? Clearly happening to many people. Just lost more work today thanks to this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the year 2023. You can now generate photo-realistic fantasy worlds by writing a sentence. And yet, the same Camera Raw bug is still here from 8 years ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new computer yesterday. Its an alienware with a nivida geforce GTX 1070 video card, 34 gigs of ram, I7 processor. Photoshop is version V25 and camera raw V16. When I go to open camera raw I get the spinning wheel for a few seconds and then nothing happens. At that point photoshop is frozen. If I click on anything I get the windows bell. The only way out of this is to use task manager and force close it. I tried accessing raw in bridge and it does the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say a new computer yet it has an outdated GPU. 

The GTX 1070 was released in 2016 and is considered a previous generation graphics card. While it can still handle many modern games and applications, it may struggle with the latest and most demanding titles at higher settings. If you're looking for top-of-the-line performance, you might want to consider a more recent graphics card.

This might be your issue as Camera Raw now requires a fairly high spec GPU. Check system requirements here:https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/camera-raw/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its new to me. My 15 yr old dell ran photoshop with no issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

News to many other users too. It's Camera Raw from V16 which now makes very high demands upon the GPU and has caused many to experience serious issues, more so than Photoshop itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here!

Freezes completely when starting Camera raw, managed to force shut Photoshop, and starting it up again, just to get an incompatible gpu error.

Tried older versions too, updated all drivers etc. nothing has worked, its sad and frustrating.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950D / Radeon RX 7900 XTX / 64mb / Win 11 Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try shutting down your computer and then moving to another location and starting it back up and trying to use Ps.  Three trips in a row from home state to a new state and the problem occurs.  All adobe apps worked perfectly at home office.  Packed the bags and moved to remote office in another state and tried to open multiple different files and each time had to restart Ps by killing it in task manager and restarting.  This issue feels like a permissions problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exacly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have a fix. This is the only thing that seems to work. Iā€™ve started
working off of my SSD drive (1TB) using a lighting cable. I have noticed an
overall performance improvement and have not had a freeze yet. šŸ¤ž

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure there's pleny of room on your hard drive.

I noticed crashes are happening more often when I work on large files, and there's less empty space on my hard drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue on M2 and had the same issue on my 2015 mac. It is insufferable indeed. It's been a problem for years but doesn't seem like they care enough to fix it. Every time I'm working on a large file and need to use the camera raw filter I just save my work beforehand. There's always a 50/50 chance it'll happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no crash dialog. Photoshop doesn't technically crash it just freezes in a never-ending loading screen where force quiting photoshop and losing all progress is the only way to get it back up. I've had this issue in my older mac, the not so old and mac and the very latest mac. This has been happening for YEARS!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... Adobe, what's going on? I have got the feeling I'm more paying for bugs than for functional softwares... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

200 Go seems enough, nope? Come on, all those workarounds are pure magic... Where we all definitely need engineering and rationalism. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny how this happens 20 times a day... Isn't it ?ā€ƒ

Capture dā€™eĢcran 2024-02-06 aĢ€ 19.42.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been more than a year since your comment and I have the same problem. M3 Pro. I can't understand how they don't fix an issue that's so common in that much time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. On 2020 MacBook Air m1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue every single day and it doesn't seem like Adobe is doing anything about it any time soon so thanks for the tip!

Going to give it a try šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet Adobe can't find any problem with it. Hilarious isn't it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem exists for over 7 years now. There have been threads like this before but eventually get locked. Don't expect any solution soon. 

One of the last messages posted there was almost instantly dismissed by an Adobe employer but it is possible it could help some people(sometimes). Closing Lightroom if it is open in the background could reduce the times this happens. It does not completely eliminate the problem but it might help. 

But I can tell you now, even on the latest Photoshop and CameraRAW version this still happens. No matter your computer system, no matter your OS. For 7+ years now....

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/camera-raw-update-freezes-when-opening-smart-o...

Votes

Translate

Translate