• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Character leading broken

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest update to Photoshop CC 2018, character leading is broken. I cannot type into the box or manually adjust with the up down keys. This is a bit of a showstopper...

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017
This should be resolved in the 19.0.1 update released last night. Please update Photoshop using the Creative Cloud desktop app, and let us know if it's fixed for you!

Regards
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
134 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wesley,

Can you tell me more about the problem that you're seeing?  Are you on Windows or Mac?  When you say that you cannot type, what happens when you try to?  I'm seeing the issue you're reporting with the Arrows, though if you press Enter, then the display updates.  But when I type in a value, once I confirm, then things do change.  Are you not seeing that?

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here's a Dropbox link to a video of the problem. Trying to select all the characters and type over them doesn't work, pushing the up or down arrows shoots the value up in 10000's of pixel increments. Can't remove all the characters and type a new value in either.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xblrfm202bvw67f/PhotoshopLeadingError.mov?dl=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue. I can't adjust leading manually. I type in 6, it auto-fills to 7.61. I type 8, it goes to 12.63. I hit the up/down arrow it jumps by 100s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem adjusting the leading. I'm on a Mac running El Capitan.
As soon as I start typing numbers into the box it puts them around the "pt" and adds 6.4 to the front (so instead of "50 pt" I get "6.45 pt0").  When I use the delete/backspace key to clear the box, it auto fills with some other numbers and the up and down arrow keys don't work at all. Here's a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having a similar issue. It's crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Wesley,

The video helps, but it begs more questions.  Which OS are you running?  And what language version are you using of the OS and of Photoshop?  This text been transformed, right?  Using untransformed text, I'm not seeing the input problem you are, but after watching your video, I tried transformed text and can see the problem.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be an issue with transformed type.  If you try with type that has not been transformed, while there is a minor issue, the majority of this problem should disappear.  Thank you for reporting it -- we are currently looking into a fix.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, running OS X High Sierra in English with Photoshop in English as well. Correct, text has been transformed which is the same for 100% of the text I use in Photoshop .

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I can confirm that I don't have a problem with new type I drop in, so I can work with that for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. Try to type in a leading amount manually, it won't let me delete the previous text in the box, so if I try typing "104" where it says "103pt", I can highlight it, but it just starts typing as "103pt104" which of course gives me an error.

I can attempt the click and drag After Effects type of change where I drag the leading symbol to the right to increase the value, but it hits a random number like 5.34pt and then starts over again at 0, or something within that range. If I drag really quickly to the right, I can get it to jump up to 105pt -ish, but nothing precise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil,

Yeah, your text has been transformed and (unfortunately) the math to calculate the equivalent values in these fields for your type seems to be trumping your ability to enter new values.  This same issue will also happen with scrubbing values (where you drag the control to the left or right to increment up or down, respectively).  If you try to work with untransformed type, the bug should (largely) disappear.  Meanwhile, we are looking into a solution.

To quickly and easily remove the transformation from a run of text in Photoshop would be to select the text, save it as a CC Libraries text style, and then (immediately) reapply that style back to the text.  After this, you should have "simple" text, devoid of all the transformation logic and math.

Hope that helps,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 10 and this happens also, very very frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too on this issue. MacBook Pro 2016 15" with Touchbar – High Sierra - 4GB GFX. Issue not present in 2017 version so I've rolled back to that for now. (Thankfully Adobe make that easy!)

Here's a vid that I did on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tOheSLXAms&feature=youtu.be

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem on Windows 10. Also with save for web shortcut. Works only every third or fourth time. PS 18 is not useable. I uninstalled it and went back to 17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not an OS problem. And not a problem of a transformation too. I have plain text on Windows 10. Same bug. There are lots of bugs in 18. Feels like an early beta. Uninstall and go back to 17 is the only working solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,
I sure hope you folks are looking into restoring the original functionality.  This is a major problem for me and I'm sure many others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is wrong,  it keeps me wondering about quality control standards @ adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same issue.
Causing me to NOT BE ABLE TO WORK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, having the same problem. This is a rather significant problem since I have to work on A LOT of different files for work every day with lots of text that has been manipulated all sort of ways by many people. Sure, I can copy paste all of the text all day, but I don't really have time for that. This sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Rolling back to '17 this eve

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue can be worked around by using the Leading input in the updated Properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm betting Adobe knew about this before before release. It's far too significant a bug to have slipped under the radar.

Not acceptable at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in the latest update for Photoshop CC 2018 for Mac, when I try to change the Leading Value with the scroll wheel, the value is locked between 0.01pt and 2.03.

I'm also noticing that the moment I try to type "7" into it, it changes the value to "4.7pt". If I am trying to put "76" into that value box, then I end up getting "4.7pt6". This leads me to believe something's VERY off about the leading box right now. 

It's really messing up my workflow since most of my work is based on quick visuals rather than specific input. 

I've got a video of this happening here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frederic,

What exact issues around Leading are you seeing with untransformed text in CC 2018?

There is the problem with Arrows no longer giving live previews, but other than that, everything should be fine.  I totally admit that if the text is transformed, then a serious issue occurs -- full disclosure: this is due to the math we're doing for the transform; it appears that someone changed when that happens so that it's now colliding with user input -- but otherwise, all should be good.

I asked about the version because in the video I noticed that there was a decimal indicator of a comma, so I wanted to rule out any internationalization issues before tackling this bug.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate