• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Character leading broken

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest update to Photoshop CC 2018, character leading is broken. I cannot type into the box or manually adjust with the up down keys. This is a bit of a showstopper...

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017
This should be resolved in the 19.0.1 update released last night. Please update Photoshop using the Creative Cloud desktop app, and let us know if it's fixed for you!

Regards
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
134 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating Photoshop CC, when editing text so that the line spacing is set to a custom size rather than select a predefined value i the 'Character' panel, it jumps to a huge number and errors.  I have tried multiple ways to set is manually but the only way I can get it to "work" is from selecting one of the drop down options which doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with the latest version of Photoshop on Windows 7 Pro.
I cannot seem to insert a normal amount in the line height field:

Adobe Photoshop-versie: 19.0 20170929.r.165 2017/09/29: 1138933  x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 2018 update, text-leading does not work anymore. Whether I'm trying to increase or decrease the leading by the arrow keys, dropdown or just inputting a number, the leading always resorts back to 9,12px... then to 3,69px... then to 1,71px...and then keeps decreasing in random numbers until it reached 0... pressing ESC will give an error then which means I cannot get out of this situation.

I have to press ESC 12 times before Photoshop 'understands' that I just want to move on with my work.

The workaround is to not use leading anymore and keep making new textfields... this is just stupid.

Can this please be fixed instead of adding bullsh*t-new-features no-one needs? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue on PS CC 2018 on Win10 64bit. I thought I was going crazy for an entire day. Thank god I found this thread...I'm not alone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last update, whenever I use the arrow keys or type into the Leading (vertical spacing) field under the Character tab, it gives really weird values, even going into the thousands of pts. This is an obvious bug that should be looked into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise, just tested and found it working fine with untransformed text.  Like many people I use transform to short-cut layout of text, but at least knowing this I can resize numerically for now.  Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate that there is a workaround, but I can't afford to change my workflow every time something breaks.  Because of this leading issue and the default file open issue, I have reverted to the previous version and will not update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is greate thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, any Rep from Adobe update this topic when it's fixed, I guess we're all subscribed to this topic and waiting for the fix to install again/update broken version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renee have a work around which works for me:

Renee

I think I've found a work around. Try entering the leading value in the 'Properties panel' rather than the 'Character panel'. The two panels will show different values but I've found this works for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too - i though it was my keyboard or something - i doensn't work every time. It is really strange. I have to make sure no layers are active as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renee

I think I've found a work around. Try entering the leading value in the 'Properties panel' rather than the 'Character panel'. The two panels will show different values but I've found this works for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renee

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renee

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renee

I think I've found a work around. Try entering the leading value in the 'Properties panel' rather than the 'Character panel'. The two panels will show different values but I've found this works for me. Image https//d2r1vs3d9006apcloudfrontnet/s3_images/1666063/RackMultipart20171026-49269-k01z63-leading_inlinejpg1509058320

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renee

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renee

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renee

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renee

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you really need to post this 100 times, I'm unsubscribing now, I know this fix, I actually read all the comments as everybody else should do so they grok the issue. I know when there is an update because the cloud app tells me so. bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, saw it time ago but I'm not doing that, just reverted to CC 2017 version that also has other problems like UI freezes, text freezes and stuff. Ha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus it's not explaining how the bug happens, it happens when you enter a font size, then rescale that layer. That's why re-entering the value in the Properties panel is fixing the issue until the software get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is this spam ? My email is getting flooded with Rene has a workaround...

Votes

Translate

Translate