Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Gpu stops being used after opening many files

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 

For better understanding i've added a video, also the import time is very slow.

https://youtu.be/Y9c96ylYE4I

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.5. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
104 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark.Dahm 

Here is what I'm experiencing - I would open and work through 30-50 images, with the GPU used for each document, without the problem. Then I would close all those and open another batch of 30-50. Some files at the end would the GPU issue where it's not used as the original issue of this thread, even if I close the files as I work through them. So for example I open 50 files, with 30 having the GPU used and 20 having the CPU used. I close the first 30, but the kast 20 still have the CPU used. When I quit photoshop and reopen all 50 images, then all 50 have the GPU used.
So it looks like to me it would still take an app restart to refresh the GPU resouces available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had scrubby zoom stop working on an image whilke working through a large batch of images, only had 3 6"x4" 300ppi files open at the time it happened. Quiting photoshop and reopening file restored scrubby zoom operation.

Plus a complete program crash when rotating a layer, photoshop just dissapeared, no error report nor any recovered files when relaunched.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.7.0 20230612.m.2205 9cfa76c x64
Number of Launches: 16
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 10.0.19045.3086

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again there is a problem with this. It worked fine but with the new version it started again. Not on low number but it still happening. Why you done it again it worked so good!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@DjAligator14 , we are not aware of any intentional change in this area; can you provide more details to make sure we are taking into account every step of your scenario?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate