• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Limited support) of drag and drop opening new images

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2015.1 - Now I can't open new images using drag-and-drop on usual photoshop area (zone 2 on screenshot), possibly to use very small zone 1. It's just my personal PC problem, or anybody have some bug?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018
This was fixed a while ago. Let us know if you're still having trouble with the current releases of Photoshop and Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you dragging from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From FastStone Image Viewer 5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with windows explorer results the same; in Photoshop CC 2014 2.2. 32 bit all works fine, but mostly I use new CC 2015 (because it 64 bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does dragging from Finder/Explorer work as you expect?

You should be able to drag from outside into the document area or into a tab.
But I don't see where you could drag from outside the app and into the layers palette even in previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragging from explorer work only in 32-bit Photoshop CC 2014.
In Photoshop CC 2015.1 it doesn't work (on my PC), but few days ago all was fine - until I have updated Photoshop. About drag-and-drop - I have opened image, and wish to open a few more in new tabs. Usually I drag image into Navigator panel, or layers, or history - and on previous versions of Photoshop CC 2015 all work as expect, but now - not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Win10 64 bit, PS 2015.1 64bit
Drag n drop doesn't work with Explorer oder SpeedCommander that I am using.
Before the November update everything worked well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed something has changed as the original post says, I used to drag files from firefox along with files from my documents folders directly into Photoshop layers area (just like depicted on his image) but after updating to 2015.1 I cannot do it anymore.

I mainly do it for opening dragged images as a "new file" instead of adding it to my current window.

Dragging a file directly on the canvas area works as usual, placing your file on your current window.

Now, after doing some experimentation, I just find that the "area" where I can still do as I used to, has shrink to the area depicted in green on my Image:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed something has changed as the original post says, I used to drag files from firefox along with files from my documents folders directly into Photoshop layers area (just like depicted on his image) but after updating to 2015.1 I cannot do it anymore.

I mainly do it for opening dragged images as a "new file" instead of adding it to my current window.

Dragging a file directly on the canvas area works as usual, placing your file on your current window.

Now, after doing some experimentation, I just find that the "area" where I can still do as I used to, has shrink to the area depicted in green on my Image:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are currently investigating solutions to this problem.

Sorry,
steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This was fixed a while ago. Let us know if you're still having trouble with the current releases of Photoshop and Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate