• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Neural Filters - not working - "we've temporarily disable filter because of an error"

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now there is a new problem with the colorize filter since installing the latest version of PS.

Before with the older version the filter would not download and someone came up with

a fix that involved removing the files that had the word colorize in it and then it downloaded fine(thank you)

Now I can get the filter to colorize ok,but when I try to click on image to modifiy the color in certain areas, PS puts up a message saying the filter has been temporarily disabled. Is this happening for others? If so does Adobe not check these things before releasing an update, this is the second update in a row to have problems with the colorize neural filter! I'm betting this is the most used neural filter and yet it has the most issues.

PS-72397

Bug Unresolved Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Install the 23.1 update. It contains a number of fixes for Neural Filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Please update to 23.0.1 which was released Tuesday night. Let us know if you're still getting this error with 23.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 161 Replies 161
161 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to 23.0.1 and downloaded several filters to experiment with. Long story short I got the Lanscape filter to work once. Now, anytime I try to use any of the filters not only do I get this error, I also end up having to open the task manager and closing out Photoshop and reopening it because it locks up or will not run correctly until I do so. The filters look neat, but at this time they are, on my computer, beyond useless becasue of the time wasted having to close and reopen photoshop every time I try to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue with Landscape Mixer even updated new 23.0.1 , when I cancel the filter, the picture keep on screen and I have to close Photoshop and restart it again. Landscape Mixer filter failed to give result , other filters are working perfectly . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can this answer be marked as correct?
It's NOT the correct answer. Everyone has updated to 23.0.1 and still reporting malfunction.

My latest reply was to @J453

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait to next update. It seems not everything was fixed in this one as announced. There's still some issues with tiff files, while Problem with Object Selection Tool occurs like before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the latest version 23.0.1 and for my particular issue (Landscape Mixer), it seems to work but still buggy and very slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to 23.0.1, I continue to have the same Neural Filters issue. When trying a neural filter, I get the error message. Photoshop then does not properly refresh the window, leaving overlapping images as I continue to work. Eventually PS locks completely. Windows 10, using Nvidia GTX960 with latest drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main issue with landscape mixer , it freeze the picture that used for mixer even I uninstall PS 23.0.1 and reinstall but the issue remaining same 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That describes the exact same problem that I am having. All this is after downloading the latest upgrade. My question is if its so buggy why release it in the first place as it is frustrating to all users that a solution has not been found. Not happy at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on it more, I experienced the same issues as the last couple of responders here too. I have to manually end the Photoshop process and restart Photoshop again or else, it'll freeze for a very long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A previous tech told me to disable GPU acceleration in PS as a work-around. This of course is not ideal, since GPU is used for a lot of features. But, if neural filters are really needed, it might help to try that just while using the filters, and then turn it back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

landscape mixer saying we've temporarily disabled this fliter because of an error anyone  getting the same 

i got 23.0.1.0. but still can not get landscape mixer filer to work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reinstalled Windows and can't get the neural filters to work after reinstalling everything. Tried deleting the plugin files and still nothing.  My gpu is being used.  This new software install is pretty bad since everything was fine before formatting.  Also, when I click cancel on the filter panel, it keeps closing the whole program.

It looks like an offline symbol although although it says that I'm online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.Have problem with Landscape filter. Here are the screenshots..

I sart woring with it and recieve a merror message.

MAC OS Big Sur 11.6 32 MRam. 3.8 GH

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 10.16.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-12 at 10.17.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-12 at 10.20.10 AM.png

Please advise!

Chana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree , but it works when I off the GPU  but I have to on again because GPU is must on . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Photoshop, opened a picture, duplicated the picture in the layers panel, opened the Landscape Neural Filter and clicked on the winter picture. The processing bar started indicating that it was processing on this device, ran a awhile, then ended with a message "We've temporarily disabled this filter because of an error". Not exactly descriptive. I have seen other threads about this error but never a solution. I am running Windows 10 fully up to date. My graphics processor is a NVIDIA GeForce MX250 and is enabled in Photoshop. Both photoshop.exe and adobe spaces helper.exe are recognized by the GPU. I previously deleted the file PluginData with the same results. Photoshop is fully updated .

I tried shutting off the GPU and the above problem was resolved. However, I use the GPU in other photoshop tools so I cannot leave it off. Guess the Landscape Filter is of no value until I receive a fix or guidance from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this same error message in Neural Filters, mainly when I use the Landscape Mixer, Style Transfer and Color Transfer. 

I've found a workaround for me, and that is to change the layer I'm using into a smart object, then use that smart object layer in Neural Filters. The Neural Filters then work correctly.
So as long as my layer is a smart object, the Neural Filters work for me. Does this work for you?

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rosa, thanks for the suggestion.  Smart Objects did not work in the past but to be sure, I just tried it again.  I duplicated the background layer and made the new lay a smart object.  The Landscape Neural Filter still failed.  I appreciate the suggestion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 23.0.1 and still not working 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that too but didn't work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I have been able to do successfully is turn off the GPU.  Clearly Adobe has a problem with the code they are running in the GPU.  I am waiting for a fix or a clear  definition of how to set up the GPU to avoid this problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still occurring for me in 23.0.1. Unable to use smart portrait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 23.0.1 and still not working 

wagnerm25_0-1637261883158.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 with this error, more explanation would have been more than welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to use the landscape mixer in the neural filters, after selecting a filter it says "processing on device" at the bottom, then it lags once it's near complete, and then it says "we've temporarily disabled this fitler because of an error," and it glitches my photoshop where the filter overlay is stuck on my screen, which forces me to restart photoshop completely. I am on photoshop v 23.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The neural filters are still broken, specifically the landscape mixer, whenever I try to use it it gives an error "we've temporarily disabled this filter because of an error," and it causes my photoshop to break to where I have to restart, and I am on the latest version of photoshop where this bug was said to be fixed. What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate