• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 25.0 Graphics Processor Compatibility Check fails: Unknown GPU

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just updated to Photoshop 2024 but I cannot get it to work with GPU acceleration. When I start Photoshop, I get this error: 

I am running a Windows 10 PC with two Nvidia RTX 3090 video cards and a 5950x CPU. 

So far, I have tried:

- Setting Photoshop and sniffer.exe to use my, uh, 'high performance 3090' as opposed to my 'power saving' 3090 (excellent work, Windows)  

elude107_0-1699397546871.png

- Updated to the latest Nvidia studio drivers and installed all Windows 10 updates

elude107_2-1699398040307.png

- Removed 'sniffer.exe' from the Photoshop folder as suggested, causes Photoshop to not boot. 

- Enabled "Older GPU Mode" in the Technology Previews, get same error so I disabled it again. 

-  Tried setting the GPU in Nvidia Control Panel, but I don't have a "Preferred GPU" setting like a laptop or PC with integrated graphics. 

- Disabled SLI

- Uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop 2024

- Manually ran sniffer.exe, it sees the video cards just fine

elude107_1-1699397868843.png

Thanks for the update Adobe, it works really well

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

If all's well, I would just check the box at the bottom. I assume Nao mostrar novamente means Do Not Show Again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Updating status

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 210 Replies 210
210 Comments
New Here ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to my answer (about running the Photoshop.exe as Administrator), this only seems to work when it is directly run that way by right-clicking the Photoshop.exe executable and selecting Run As Administrator... from the context menu.  If you try setting it up to use a shortcut with the Run As Administrator checkbox, it won't work as far as I've seen. Just open an explorer window in the directory of your Adobe Photoshop (Beta) folder and right-click Photoshop.exe, select Run As Administrator from the context menu and you're good to go 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long will Adobe be "Updating status" and "investigating" this isssue?

There is a system command that gets you a GPU name:

>wmic path win32_videocontroller get name Name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Shhhh!DigitalMedia That never worked for me to resolve the bug.

@mr3746448219o4 From what I see here adobe just don't cares about their customers that fight with this problem. Despite all the promises fixing this, it never happened and from their last replies, it never will. It is too "low priority" for them.

In their frenzy to include so-called "AI" features they clearly rushed the release of 25 (including the new graphic routines for Nvidia cards), because this is not the only problem with the version higher than 24; 25  and all betas so far are highly unstable and crash regularily, or functions do not or no longer work as expected. QA at Adobe seems to have become VERY bad.

I already bought the full Affinity package. It is lacking in many aspects, unfortunately, but it (and other software) may be a way out of Adobe's respectless behaviour in the long run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subject: Complaint Regarding Issues with Adobe Photoshop Update and Request for Subscription Discount

Dear Adobe Team,

I am a long-time user of Adobe Photoshop and greatly appreciate the features your software provides. However, after the recent update to the latest version, I have encountered significant issues that prevent the program from launching. I have found that I am not alone in facing these problems, indicating a broader technical issue.

Specifically, the program does not start at all after the update, which severely disrupts my workflow. As a professional graphic designer, Photoshop is an essential tool for my daily activities. This problem negatively affects my productivity and ability to meet my clients' deadlines.

Given these circumstances, I would like to request the following:

Urgent Fix: Please address the technical issues as soon as possible to make the software fully operational again.
Subscription Discount: Due to the inability to use the service fully, I request a reduction in the monthly subscription fee until these issues are resolved.
I believe that Adobe values its customers and that we can find a fair and satisfactory resolution for both parties.

Thank you for your attention and I look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely,

Peter Salczer, Trnava, Slovakia

---------------
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz
MSI 2A9C,Intel H57 (IbexPeak DH)
RAM: 24 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti /GP107-400/ 4096 MB GDDR5 SDRAM [Micron]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note this is a user-to-user support forum and we can't deal with payment issues.

Please describe the issues you are having and maybe we can help.

Please delete your personal details from this public forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Derek Cross as we see in this thread, Adobe devs ARE here, they look into the posts and they answer (and later they obviously choose not to fix the bugs, because they think those blatant bugs are "irrelevant"). And actually I was offered three months free time because of the problems in this thread, so you are wrong.

@peters88929131 Nice try, but posts like yours are unfortunately ignored. The only way to go and force Adobe to act would be through your lawyer. But from own experience they will tell you that working software is not part of the license and you are not entitled to it. Happened to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GR Snímek obrazovky 2024-05-25 204444.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,