• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop CC 19.1 - UI doubled in size (Win 10)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. My entire Photoshop layout has doubled in size with this new update; it looks like it's in Windows Safe Mode. Is there a way to fix this? I am currently uninstalling and re-downloading the previous version because my eyes were melting from the bloated interface.Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1) update now available.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the frustration. To be clear, if you have Windows 10 Creators Update or later, you now control your Photoshop UI in the System settings for your display.

This implementation is in line with Windows DPI scaling guidelines, but we understand this may affect your preferred UI experience. Going forward we welcome your feedback as we will continue to adapt to rapidly changing monitor resolutions and multiple monitor configurations. 

In the meantime, here are few suggestions that m

Votes

Translate

Translate
96 Comments
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sick of it to be honest George. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say back as it should be what do you mean? its never worked in my view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with the normal scaling - where the UI scaling built-in photoshop actually works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem-- I had to switch back to 19.0 because none of the scaling options in Windows or PS are making the interface look like the attached image. I'm sure that the new functionality is helpful for some people, but it seems like that for most of us, it was better in 19.0. It would be great to have an option for legacy scaling so that we can get new features/ bug fixes without sacrificing our workflows.

RackMultipart2018022860362l3qo-7569b830-3789-43e6-b846-7a3b725d921d-1647643004.jpg

From Windows:
Screen Resolution: 3840 x 2160
Scaling: 250% (Recommended)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. For me the Photoshop UI is massive and the GUI fine. If I adjust Windows scaling then Photoshop is back to normal, but the GUI is teeny tiny. I'm going back to 19.0 until a fix is in place that means users can scale the UI in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hannah, why do you just keep repeating the same thing? It's not helping.  I want to fix the distortion on a photo, but my lens correction panel is too large and I'm not able to see the bottom of the pane.  I have tried everything to fix this but nothing works.  Scaling down the UI, or changing anything in the display settings.. No other programs have these issues with scaling.  Only photoshop, which is extremely annoying because it's something we pay for monthly.  For the love of god, just fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said Mel! Hannah this implementation is just utter bollocks. Linking Photoshop UI scaling with Windows just doesn't work. Thats my feedback! Why can't Adobe just get this sorted? In fact I'm seriously considering quitting Adobe CC if you don't. It's just not good enough. All your other apps you've got working fine but Photoshop your main app is left with this sub standard implementation. If this implementation was that good why don't all your apps use it? #jokers

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue recently. My version of photoshop was 1.9, because I've heard of people having this issue before, but I had to update after the pen sensitivity stopped working.

I had the resolution set to 1980x120 (recommended) and the scale as 150%. After I updated it looked like this:
RackMultipart2018071957682oacs-4daaf7a6-8da8-4492-b5ca-06d041ea73e1-292639972.jpg

After a lot of back and forth with the Customer Care I manged to find a workaround, which meant me having to set the resolution to 1600x900 and the scale to 100%. Which looks like this:
RackMultipart20180719643601moc-4309ac4c-808a-4b86-96b2-191679cf882f-2098097951.jpg

It works, but it's not ideal, because of how small it looks on my kinda small laptop screen. Hopefully reigniting this thread can get some update on fixing this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

Are you using a Wacom? Something that might be worth a test would be to go back to the previous Wacom driver. Some users reported that going back to the previous Wacom driver (6.3.27-2) fixed some pen issues. If you decide to try it I would be curious to hear how it goes.

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They won't fix it as in their infinite wisdom they think this is solution. Despite what all their customers think. Totally pissed off with Adobe I'd jump ship if I could easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I fixed the pen sensitivity a while ago. No biggie. The main issue is the ui scaling, would like to hear a good fix for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Glad to hear that you have the pen issue resolved. Sorry I don't have a solution that is more to your liking. We are keenly aware of customer feedback and CSUI will continue to evolve to respond to user input and the changing demands of new monitors.

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't be that keenly aware as you've had 5 years and still not sorted it. Disgraceful really

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to let the devs know that after 5 months, I am still looking out at this thread, hoping the UI gets fixed. The official response hasn't helped me nor anyone else it seems. I am still running an old version of 19.0 Photoshop just so I can have the UI stay the same as it used to be. 

As Richard said, I'd jump ship if I could, but I really haven't come across a different program that is more superior to Photoshop yet, so that's why I'm still around for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been waiting nearly five years mate so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a solution. Just amazes me that we still don't have a fix for this.

Have you ever check out Affinity Photo? seems decent its just a pain having to learn a new UI etc. Seems very similar to Photoshop though.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

The thing that annoys me the most is that I love Photoshop. I think its a great app I just wish they'd stop adding new features and just concentrate on fixing this once and for all !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea that was a program I've been looking out at. The biggest hurdle is that my company works with .PSD files all the time. I was planning on setting up a meeting with the company exec's and present on why we should switch over but I don't think it's worth it because

1) Using an old version of Photoshop isn't effecting us too hard (not yet at least)..., and

2) What you mentioned; learning and testing the new software to make sure the functionality can accomplish our tasks and goals. I don't think it's worth the time to teach everyone here a new program.

I like Photoshop too... but if this old version becomes a problem and they haven't fixed this UI issue, I either gotta switch over or deal/resolve the bloated interface myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah switching can be a hassle. I just wish they fix it. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the same issues in cc2019. Do anyone have any solution for the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since there are no replies to this discussion in many months I suppose the initial complaint has been removed by PS updates in the meantime, and everybody is happy. Including me, in general.

However, I have recently identified a mean bug in DPI scaling, that results in a non-usable (because invisible) in-app search dialog and bugged me for many months.

For details see this thread and the included link to Adobe Support Community.

Hannah, you have explicitely asking for feedback so I wanted to share this also in this discussion with explicite participation of Adobe staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All that discussion was taking place 3 years ago! So why do I still have that problem??? (11/16/2020)

Votes

Translate

Translate