• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop creates a gude log while working with files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beim Arbeiten mit der aktuellen Photoshop-Version hängt sich Photoshop nach kürzester Zeit auf, d.h. die Bedienoberfläche und Menüs verschwinden und ein speichern ist nicht möglich. Folgende Fehlermeldung schreibt er in die log-Datei (gude-2022-04-14.log):

[WARN] WGudeRequest::applyAutoDetectProxyAutoConfigSettings Failed to autodetect proxy settings. WinHTTP Unable To Download Script. last error code = 12167

Hat jemand ein ähnliches Problem und kann mir helfen? Vielen Dank.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Thank you everyone for your patience. This issue has been fixed with the release of 24.2.

Thank you,

Cory

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 500 Replies 500
500 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob Ainscough  Has 24.2 been released? Isn't the current latest version 24.1.1? Was I mistaken?
Not seen in the creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich fühle mich irgendwie betrogen, was Adobe hier bietet könnte sich keine andere Firma leisten.

Werde es mal an die Presse weiterleiten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That an international company like Adobe fails so radically in troubleshooting is astonishing and very nonchalant towards your customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24.2 on my PC, so yes its out ... I'm Oregon US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been allowed access to to 24.2 yet, but it looks like I'm sticking wityh 24.0.1 for the forseeable future.

Sounds like the bug still hasn't been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 24.1.1. and still experiencing this issue.  I'm aware that we have been promised a "fix" but wanted to throw a comment here to remind Adobe that we're all still waiting.  XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auch ich warte, warte, warte...

nun schon lange genug.

DxO, Topaz, Affinity sind auch nicht schlecht.

Und vielleicht sollte man mal eine Lastschrift zurückbuchen lassen 🤪😡

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First before what? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launch Photoshop before double-clicking a file to open it. Adobe has gotten hundreds of reports, they are aware and a fix is coming soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e wrote:

One thing you can do in the interim is to open Photoshop first

@Ark Hunter replied:

First before what? 

Until Adobe comes up with a fix, open Photoshop first, then open your documents. This will prevent the creation of the gude files in the interim.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh okay, I see. I was like, open it before other programs or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20230220_022059.png

GPU Compositing is not an option. Windows 11, RTX card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you who don't have time to continue dealing with Adobe's long list of issues with Ps and Pr, I highly recommend the following software to replace Adobe: 

Affinity Photo 2  - does everything Ps can do and will work with .psd, HEIC, and every other format I've tossed at it - one time cost is $69.99 and it's yours for life, no subscription required.

DaVinci Resolve 18 Studio - does "almost" everything Pr/Ae can do and has no performance problems working high compression formats and color grading is a breeze with super easy multi-camera support.  Also has built in support for the long list of BlackMagic designs hardware/controllers that work seamlessly with the software (auto detect and setup, really is plug-in and go edit).  It's $295 and it's yours for life, no subscription required.

I've cancelled my Adobe Subscription effect end of this month 2/28.  I don't know what happened to Adobe, they used to be a great company up until about 2017, then "something" changed and their products rapidly became unstable and full of bugs and performance issues.  This gude file proliferation issue was the last straw for me, I've finally and somewhat sadly moved on to other tools that just work and get the job done.  

@Pete.Green I've "stay tuned" for over a decade, sorry but just too many issues with Adobe, I've moved on ... feel free to  verify my cancelled account and take a look at my order history with Adobe, you've lost a long time customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob, thank you for this recommendation. I will take a look at Affinity Photo 2. I have the same concerns as you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was not an easy decision ... but I just scrubbed thru a 20GB 4K vidoe clip with high compression (MP4) using nVidia codec and it didn't matter where I place the playhead anywhere in the timeline and it instantly played in DaVinci Resolve ... the very exact same clip in Pr would end up with either a black screen, or 5 minute wait for Pr to come back to life, or stutter so badly I thought there was problem with the original recording.

In DaVinci Resolve I don't have to use lower res Proxies at all (this is huge) or go thru the process of converting all my footage to a format Adobe likes (ProRes).  DaVinci Resolve 18 Studio has improved my workflow efficiency considerably ... it's like I'm finally divorcing an abusive partner and didn't know how good life could be on the other side.

EDIT: oh yeah, now that I've uninstalled all the Adobe products, my screen saver now works, my PC seems to be running faster, and certainly boots faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob Ainscough Great recommends. Sadly you know what'll happen next. Adobe will offer Affinity a suitcase full of cash and it will suddenly become part of Adobe. This is exactly what happened with Allegorithmic Substance Painter. It's now part of Adobe and it's suffered very very noticeably in the last 18 months, gradually getting slower and more bloated and more buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chrisell99 Certainly very possible, but that's all the more reason Adobe users should move NOW to get Affinity Photo 2 while they still can buy a very competitive image editing tool at a fixed cost of $70 (no subscription).  If Adobe does attempt to buy-out Affinity it's too late for users like me, I have my purchased Affinity Photo 2 installer ... there is no internet connection required other than initial install.  I suppose Adobe could buy Affinity, release a "minor" update under the Affinity label with modified executable that has a internet required option and NOT tell anyone other than small footnote in a change log.  All the more reason users need to move away from Adobe NOW, don't hesitate!  The more likely scenario is the "Compatibility" save option will no longer be an option for Ps users and the .PSD will become fully encrypted (slow down Ps even more).

Plenty of reviews comparing Affinity Photo 2 vs Adobe Ps ... just make sure the review is covering the latest versions of each for a solid side by side feature compare.  So far, every feature I used in Ps is available in Affinity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alles richtig, es gibt kaum etwas bei Photoshop, was andere Software nicht kann.

Mein Freund und ich haben es getestet, TopazLabs Suite, von DxO nicht nur die NIK-Filter sondern Photolap6 Elite und PureRaw, AffinityPhoto, etc.

Die einzige PS Funktion, die keine andere Software genau in der Art bietet, ist die adaptive Weitwinkelkorrektur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A weird file was created today on my computer by Photoshop, and can't remove it.
i'm using windows 11
When i start Photoshop up, i keep getting this notification about a failed sync, or whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kasper'O'one

Wie heißt die Datei ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TPeterhis has been happen for some time ,awaiting a fix may in the next
relasse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, some fantastic news! This morning Photoshop's update v24.2 was available for me (New Zealand, 23 Feb) and it looks like the bug has been fixed. I have tested multiple PSD files, and even a PSB file and the gude log file does not automatically create any more. Finally! I hope the update is available for everyone soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing @JP Nel, the update will continue to roll out and should be available for all soon. Give it 24 hours or so and then let us know if you are still seeing this issue.

Thank you all for your patience,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Franz-Jupp
The File is named "Gude-2023-02-22"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kasper'O'one

Das kann nur gelöscht werden, wenn Photoshop nicht geöffnet ist.

Sollte laut den letzten Antworten hier in diesem Thread mit dem nächsten Update aber erledigt sein.

Votes

Translate

Translate