• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: This Face Expression File is bad or corrupted

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep gettting the following error when I launch Photoshop 2020 on a Windows 10 64bit machine

This Face Expression File is bad or corrupted

I assume it relates to the Default Face Expression Presets.p3f file, which a scan reveals to be OK. The application launches after I click OK but how can I get rid of the error?

I have reinstalled, tried the clean up tool and there has even been an update since it started but still it persists. Is there anywhere I can find a replacement file?

Thanks in advance

Steve

janee_0-1647193914751.jpeg

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

@Norbert28313045nuf2 I can't read what the error message says, but it looks like this issue, try the correct answer from @jane-e in this thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-this-face-expression-file-is-bad-or-corrupted/idi-p/11142736

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

@tedt6258165 

Does this work for you?

Try this solution for the "This Face Expression File is bad or corrupted" message box:

• Quit Photoshop
  • Go to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe in Windows File Explorer and search for "Face".
  • When you find a file called "FaceExpressionPresets.psp", rename it with .old at the end (to preserve it just in case).
  • Restart Photoshop. The file will recreate itself. If there is still an issue, the older file is still there and can be renamed again.

Th

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 204 Replies 204
203 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure, but check @Ged_Traynor's. post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are genius bro , you save my life, i deleted all teemporary file , and i could'nt access to photoshop , thanks a lot 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Michael329894065w5v , you might not quite appreciate the issue. 

If you are experiencing the problem despite having performed the mentioned trouble-shooting routines please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate