• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Use brush as an eraser (german)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The function to use the chosen brush as an eraser doesn't work in the german Version, even though it is mentioned in the official list of shortcuts.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Great NEWS!  With the latest release, 24.4, we have exposed this feature to apply a custom KBSC so you can use it with a non-English keyboard/OS. 

Erase-KBSC.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

This has NOT been fixed or addressed.  It has been logged as a bug and a larger feature to better support keyboard shortcuts for international keyboards.  This particular keyboard shortcut is not exposed in the Customize Keyboard Shortcuts dialog so it can't be re-assigned unfortunately.  I will keep pushing on this.  Thanks for your patience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
39 Comments
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @CoryShubert in this case, could you be kind enough to share which key should German or users of other locales use to get that feature to work when the key is not available in their keyboard?

The French ang German helpx page still lists Tilde, not available on the AZERTY or QWERTZ keyboard: https://helpx.adobe.com/be_fr/photoshop/using/default-keyboard-shortcuts.html

and https://helpx.adobe.com/de/photoshop/using/default-keyboard-shortcuts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert I was about to answer the same thing as @PECourtejoie : how was this issue resolved ? It is still showing "~" key for french version 

I'm on PS 23.3.2 and the keyboard shortcut for "Toggle between painting and erasing with the same brush " is not editable in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has NOT been fixed or addressed.  It has been logged as a bug and a larger feature to better support keyboard shortcuts for international keyboards.  This particular keyboard shortcut is not exposed in the Customize Keyboard Shortcuts dialog so it can't be re-assigned unfortunately.  I will keep pushing on this.  Thanks for your patience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For windows user :

Workaround 1 : change your keyboard location (language) per application in advanced keyboard parameter. After that you have to change language once whenever you use an app then it will remember it.

Workaround 2 : remap your key using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator on official microsoft website. I have a french keyboard and remaped the ² key to ` key (accent grave, which unicode is U+0060). Validate layout and name it, test it, build package, open created folder, intall.exe, then log out windows, log in, change to your new keyboard layout (win+space) et voilà!!! works great and my layout still azerty ! (works with win 11 even if not mentionned on website)

And you can remap any (more or less) key you want with symbol and other not available in your language, you can use charmap.exe (included in windows) to find them and their unicode. ((!be careful, works also with windows login password)

(but sadly workaround 2 does not work with tourbox, so still waiting for a proper fix...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On windows, i've just discover a quite easy fix. Using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator you can remap any key you want with any character, may it be another language symbol. So just remap one key to the US tilde key `~ which output is ` (unicode U+0060)

more explanation here : https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/workarounds-for-the-non-working-tilde...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, for Windows users, there is a promising Plugin, Master Keys that targets this very issue (incredible that someone has to write a plugin to work around the lack of an entry for a given funtion in the keyboard shortcut editor...)

https://edgidesign.com/portfolio/master-keys-for-photoshop/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great NEWS!  With the latest release, 24.4, we have exposed this feature to apply a custom KBSC so you can use it with a non-English keyboard/OS. 

Erase-KBSC.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is some great news indeed, thanks for looking into this.

But I just realized this nice little feature only works with the brush tool and not with the pencil tool.

Pleaaase add this keyboard toggle for the pencil tool, too.

It was the actual reason I was looking forward to this update and I think it makes a lot of sense to expose it for the pencil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great NEWS!  With the latest release, 24.4, we have exposed this feature to apply a custom KBSC so you can use it with a non-Engish keyboard/OS. 

Good news indeed! 

How about allowing the setting of keyboard shortcuts to select Whites, Neutrals and Blacks in the Selective Colors Adjustment? (Since the default shortcuts have been removed a while back.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful, thank you for championing this, @chad.rolfs !

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chad.rolfs 
This would be indeed great news, if this would work.
unfortunately, at my machine I only can apply a shortcut ... however, when I press the key, nothing happens. 😞
I have Windows 10 and just updated PS to 24.4.1 ...
Absolutely not effect when pressing the assigned key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chad.rolfs 
Ok... I have to correct myself.
There is an effect, when I use a brush... since I often use the pen, there was no effect, so...
It is only working with the brush 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news is this works, bad news is when you release the hotkey to go back to normal paint mode, the brush changes to another brush (possibly the "first" or "last" brush). Super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I made a plugin that targets this very issue, @PECourtejoie mentioned it in a comment earlier, except the name has been changed to KeyFlow. The Windows version has been released in the creative cloud marketplace and a version for MacOS is 70% complete.

I'm giving it out for free this week to 10 people from this community. Just send me a DM

Cheers

Remap shortcuts to any key on your non-English keyboardRemap shortcuts to any key on your non-English keyboardA list of all the keyboard language supportedA list of all the keyboard language supported

Votes

Translate

Translate