• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Windows) Photoshop v23.5 - Floating windows do not resize on zoom

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Floating windows do not resize on zoom.
Photoshop version: 23.5.0
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.19044, dual monitors.

Steps to reproduce:
Delete all preferences.
Restart PhotoShop.
Preferences: Workspace: Untick Open Documents as Tabs
Preferences: Tools: untick Overscroll, tick Zoom Resizes Windows
Open any image file.

Expected result: Window resized to zoom level.
Actual result: Window almost full screen, without the ability to manually resize it using the grab handle.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
44 Comments
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, an interesting update.

I use 2 monitors so last night I was experimenting with opening files in the same monitor as Photoshop 24 in order to video the activity as I can't easily record 2 monitors at the same time.

Closing and reopening an image in one monitor doesn't have the issue - images open as expected and the floating window window resizes with the image on zoom.

If I drag an image to my second monitor (my usual arrangement) and close it (using File > Close, or X the window) from there, then when I reopen in monitor #2 the peculiarity happens.

Hopefully, this can give Support an idea as to what the issue could be. If essential, I can haul out my tripod and video camera to record from over my shoulder so both monitors can be seen, but this eats into my free time as you can imagine.

At least I've reached a stage where I can work on my own stuff in PS 24, as long as I remember to open in the "Home" monitor then drag across.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent info.

Do you have overscroll on?

Are the screens set to the same magnification?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

No.

Yes, they're identical.

For a bit more clarity, here's a couple of quick screenshots of my settings. Anything else that might be helpful, please ask.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening in 24.0.1

<sigh>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you please post a video capture of the event on your bug thread: ? or a photo capture showing a previous version and the current one on the same images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sameer K There was more info, but unfortunately, posted in another thread by the OP:

"

OK, an interesting update.

I use 2 monitors so last night I was experimenting with opening files in the same monitor as Photoshop 24 in order to video the activity as I can't easily record 2 monitors at the same time.

Closing and reopening an image in one monitor doesn't have the issue - images open as expected and the floating window window resizes with the image on zoom.

If I drag an image to my second monitor (my usual arrangement) and close it (using File > Close, or X the window) from there, then when I reopen in monitor #2 the peculiarity happens.

Hopefully, this can give Support an idea as to what the issue could be. If essential, I can haul out my tripod and video camera to record from over my shoulder so both monitors can be seen, but this eats into my free time as you can imagine.

At least I've reached a stage where I can work on my own stuff in PS 24, as long as I remember to open in the "Home" monitor then drag across.

"

FYI, they still experience the bug in 24.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KathyS52 please go vote on top of this thread, and share some info: is it only on  a secondary screen? :  https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-windows-photoshop-v23-5-floating-windows-d...   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again PECourtejoie - you asked me this back in October! See page 1 of this thread, my answer is the same about video. I'll see if I can get some screen caps today.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did re-ask as I did not see any screen capture, or video, just the second screen could be enough. I know it is not easy to do in production environment, you might not be allowed to install screen recorders, but I think windows has some built in (maybe not in enterprise versions) , or OBS can be of help: https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/screen-record-in-windows

(Unlocked the thread, please send me a PM if you have relevant info that you cannot post on the bug thread)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you also post the contents of help>System info? So that we can see if two different GPUs are driving the screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the original thread by @Mo Warden who experiences issues posting in the bug section...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/floating-windows-in-23-5-now-a-fixed-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I hope the screen captures are self-explanatory. I've also attached system info for both Photoshop versions.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me, I'm grateful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not because the images do not behave the way you want that you need to treat them as Dummy 😉

Thank you, I think that this illustrates very well the differences in behavior, I'll post a link in the bug thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mo Warden posted the following images:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop_24-0-1_screen_2.jpgPhotoshop_23-4-1_screen_2.jpgPhotoshop_24-0-1_screen_1.jpgPhotoshop_23-4-1_screen_1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mo Warden can you try the following? Please try to check "Deactivate Native Canvas" in the menu Edit/Preferences/Technology preview (Pc) or Photoshop/Preferences/Technology preview (Mac), then restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, there doesn't seem to be any difference.

Also, it might be worth mentioning again - in PS 24.0.1 if I grab the corner of the floating window, my cursor changes to the diagonal arrows but the window will not resize. If I do this in PS 23.4.1 I can resize the window by dragging (the image stays the same size within the window of course)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional info: "Also, it might be worth mentioning again - in PS 24.0.1 if I grab the corner of the floating window, my cursor changes to the diagonal arrows but the window will not resize. If I do this in PS 23.4.1 I can resize the window by dragging (the image stays the same size within the window of course)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still happening.

Thank you for looking into this for us.

Mo

Votes