• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2024 Liquify Filter Mouse Moves On Its Own [Mac 14.1]

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded Photoshop 2024 today. When entering the Liquify filter, the mouse moves on its own, jumping all over the place. This makes the Liquify filter unusable. Anyone else seeing this?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 119 Replies 119
119 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work under Sonoma 14.0 but it does not matter I guess as it worked until a month ago under the same system. The only possible update was a security update.

Photoshop 22.2.0 works fine under the same System. For a second the cursor moves on his own in liquify  but then everything is good. Runs even faster so I am quite happy to go back to the oldest Version you can get through the Adobe Icloud. You could have both Version on your Computer as a fix for now.

Maybe Photoshop 23. ... works also. I had 24. ssomething and did the update to the latest but it got worse. So I deleted them and went to the above mentioned.  

Best of luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sonoma 14.1 but it did the same thing with 14.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love that it's Apple that has to modify it's software and not Adobe... I mean come on, seriously? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!! It's driving me crazy. I guess I'll liquify in an older version of PS. so annoying 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUG. liquify filter NOT WORK. on PS 2024 25,1 , MAC STUDIO M2 32GB, SONOMA 14,1....

the cursor moves on its own, the program does not work.

whats going on?

how can i resolve problem?

best for everyones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I was able to get it working by disabling the graphics processor... seems to be an issue with the video driver. Click the "Adobe Photoshop 2024" menu> Settings> Performace> and uncheck the "Use Graphics Processor" box. Liquify will work but not as smoothly.

p.s. I'm running macOS 14.2 Beta (23C5030f) using an M2 Chip on a 15-inch Macbook Pro and Photoshop's version is 25.1.0.

@alvinholguin on IG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello at all,

i've tested the idea from alvin with diabling graphics processor. Yes, it will works. But the result is showing so much later that it is not able to work reasonable with it. 

I have tested the possibility with holding the control key if i use the liquify filter and it works. But there too the mouse is still before beginning to hold the control key moving on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, Photoshop 2024, iMac 27'' 2013 MacOS Sonoma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello at all,

today i checked the problem again and there is no progress in qur problem. 

So i checked my GPU:

Erfolgreich: OpenGL verfügbar Erfolgreich: OpenCL verfügbar Erfolgreich: Metal verfügbar Erfolgreich: Über dem erforderlichen VRAM (8573 MB von 1500 MB erforderlich) GPU erkannt: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT (AMD)

It is the Beta Version of Photoshop with 25.3.0

How about with you?

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've unchecked everything in "Advanced Settings" but left "Use Graphic Processor" checked. This seems to be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that's not. Cursor still jumping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, i take the same unchecked boxes, but nothing changed. The mouse is working to late and react very slowly.

Few minutes ago and i telephoned with the support of Apple and we checked my system. The supporter informed me that there will be a most lokely a bug in the software from Adobe. 

So i hope that this bug will be fixed quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be a good news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop 2024 25.1 version, Mac Sonoma 14.1.1

The newest update on Wacom- I uninstall and install all the applications

I even bought the newest MAC (with m3 max)!!!

and my Liguify tool is dancing like crazy on my screen and I can't use it at all!

yes I try without Wacom

I'm frustrated - I don't know what to do- please help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sonoma. It's ludicrous that Adobe takes the stance that Apple software should be built around Adobe programs. Considering the subscription price here. Constantly feel like a beta tester...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What seems to have solved it? Same f problem all the time, So sick of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe or Apple. its sick. basically problem cant resolved. i have mac studio m2 ( only problems, compared to old intel procesors in imacs pc, slow, unstabile,) and most imprtant aplication PS  not working properly. Its not truth thats problem only Adobe. Its problem Apple too. Becousemany users buy Macs for works on adobe products. SO I dont decide to  buy next Aplple products if Cant to cooperate with Adobe.Iwill wait two weeks,  No resollved problem, never  buy MAC PC. I havent time to read forums to simple answer about it. Best for everyones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

under the latest release 25.1.0 unter OS X Sonoma 14.1.2 works fine for me if I switch off use graphic proccesor  and multithread compositing liquify works fine.

Have a great christmas time

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 12.41.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an ongoing issues since upgrading to the first PS 2024 update and had gone on far too long!  Adobe, it is well past time to test and corect your software to work properly with other products as well as with with the latest Apple hardware and OS's such as Apple Sonoma 14.1.2  and my Mac Studio M2 Ultra. 

Liquify is an critical feature of my day to day workflow as a full time fashion and headshot photographer and I cannot believe how long this problem has persisted even after applying the past three or four PS 2024 updates.  

The workaround requires me to to either hobble the perfomance of my Mac studio M2 Ultra by disabling the graphics processor in the perfomace tab unleashing a whole new set of image refresh issues or accept the "ghost in the machine" self moving mouse cursor which makes the liquify filter basiclly unusable and forces me to fall back to PS 2023.  

Adobe's offshore tech support offers no solution other than reinstalls which do nothing to fix the problem as do all if the other solutions found online and I've seriously tried them all.  Adobe either blames Apple graphic card drivers on thier high-end M2 chips or the Sonoma OS in which Adobe has now had plenty of time to fix thier code to work properly with.   

While I'm venting, I've also just about had it with every Abobe update seemingly intoducing features as well as introducing a glut of new glitches as well.   I have been a user and pro client since the original Photoshop was introduced and it really feels like they are only about adding new features with very little attention to pre release beta testing and quality control.

Four upsdates since Photoshop 2024 released and this is still an issue?  Come on Adobe, you used to be better than this. Please do what is need to fix this bug and well known issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The liquify problem (PS 25.2) not only occurs on Apple but also on Windows 10. Terrible

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been figure out yet?? I thought it was happening to me because I hadn't updated yet, so I did, and it somehow got even worse. Where before I could do like one or two things when I opened liquify, now as soon as it opens, my cursor is going insane, whether or use my mouse or my Wacom. This is making it impossible for me to do my damn job. ADOBE. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe please do something with this terrible Liquify cursor bug!! It's not possible to work. Liquify is useless until the problem is resolved 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Wacom tablet, and the same thing was happening to me. When I use the mouse it works fine. Must be the interface between them or some setting on the tablet. Haven't researched that yet, but using the mouse was a quick fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate