• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2024 Liquify Filter Mouse Moves On Its Own [Mac 14.1]

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded Photoshop 2024 today. When entering the Liquify filter, the mouse moves on its own, jumping all over the place. This makes the Liquify filter unusable. Anyone else seeing this?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 119 Replies 119
119 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem since a month 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this problem too!! I have to get out of Liquify window one time and go back than it is working fine. But time consuming 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who stuck with this issue the only solution is this:

1. move the cursor all the way up the screen (where the Menu is)

2. start Liquify filter with a shortcut Shift+Cmd+X

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, everybody..

i cant belive....Shift+Cmd+X..... it works!

but its a shame 4 adobe/apple..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Seriously, Adobe... How is this still an ongoing issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SHIFT-COMMAND-X works like a charm!  It's kind of appalling that such a shockingly simple work-around has not been addressed or proposed by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the suggestions below worked for me. Here's what did: First, I confirmed my iMac met all system requirements for the current version of Photoshop. Then made changes in Library: a customer support representative helped me modify permissions to specific PS folders. Then in Preferences created new, default settings for PS: (1) renamed Adobe Photoshop 2024 Settings folder to something else and set it aside, then (2) relaunched PS which forces it to create a new settings folder. (3) Opened a new an image in PS to test the Liquify filter tool and it worked fine with full control of the cursor and all functions in that panel. (4) Then I quit PS and one at a time added back settings for certain things important for me to retain (e.g. swatches, styles, brushes) by swapping out the new one for the old one I had set aside. Relaunched PS and tested to see if Liquify still works. All went fine until I put my old brushes back. Apparently some brushes were either corrupt or incompatible with PS 2024 and in order for it to work properly I had to discard my old brushes setting and keep the new one that only had the PS default set, and will have to rebuild my collection as I go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The liquify tool randomly becomes almost unusable.  Sometimes its fine and other times it lags and floats around my screen.  I use MacBook Pro M1, with OS Sonoma 14.3.1.  I hoped upgrading to the newest version of PS (v25.5.1) would reslove this but it hasn't.   I just upgraded, did a restart, no other applications are running except LR and its still happening.

thanks in advnce for any help

~Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Thanks for this! How did you do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one having this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has to be direct, straightforward solution to this issue. Yet this error has continued for over a year. I am working on a Mac Pro 2019 with an Intel Processor/ PS 2024. When attempting to use the PS Liquify tool the sensation is somewhaere between an out of date firmware throwing a spanner in the works (there are no out of date firmware on my computer), and trying to steady a drunken sailor.

Adobe, perhaps you would like to reimburse - proportionally to the inconvenienece this software has created - each customer who has subscribed to your cloud over the past year?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, as soon as 2024 update hit I am floating all over. Come on Adobe, fix this issue with a patch and your partners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works!! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off hot corners helped me, too. However the cursor still tends to dissapear sporadically in liquify, but the performance is 75% improved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first discoverd this issue as soon as I upgraded my MacMini to Sonoma, I thought it will be fixed later at that time. I can't believe that it hasn't been fixed yet. It's almost a year.

Therefore, I still keep my laptop under macOS Ventura,it works fine with PS 25.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One work around I discovered recently was that was two monitors, I can bring the liquify window over to the other monitor and proceed. It works more often than not. And then jump back to the apple monitor, iMac. Sometimes I get the same issue still. But it usually works and has helped me in this long interim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A work around that I've been using is command+shift+x to open liquify. Mine works fine that way but jumps everywhere when I choose liquify from the drop down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this has been an issue for a while. I wonder if it is with the M chip machines. Mine's a Mac Studio M1 Max 32gb, Sonoma 14.4.1. It is SO ANNOYING. I thought it might have been my Wacom tablet but it doesn't matter what I do. Hoping for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh wow, that totally worked. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate