Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create new files nor save as...

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
My photoshop was updated recently to 23.0.1 and since I can't create any new file or use the "save as" button to create a copy of what I'm working on.
I can still save changes I make on old work and/or export as jpeg and stuff, but no new work.
Help please 😕

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue.

I can edit an already created piece (created before the latest update) and I can "save" it. 

But I an unable to "save" or "save as" a new piece. I tested creating a simple 1 layer transparent/blank piece with a shape on it. I am unable to save it or export it.

I do not receive any error message. It's like the program doesn't recognize I clicked "save". The program is running, not frozen.

v.23.0.1

Mac OS 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to reset the Photoshop preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mr Matt,

Did not work for me either.

Same issue as all members here, can't save as at all. No screen shot possible as when I try to save as no window opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system do you use?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That worked. Although I don't understand why I must reset my preferences to be able to simply save a file.

But now I am running into not even being able to save it to my computer (see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-quot-save-as-quot-no-longer-appear-with-se...). All I want to do is to create a simple web banner. I've spent hours now just trying to solve these issues. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't worked here, I went to the file and removed it but it didn't make a thing.
I have a windows update waiting, could fix it with a bit of computer magic ahah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Aishina Please provide screenshots and additional details as to what you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT's exactly what Joel5C22 described, my photoshop works normaly, I can open andwork on already created pieces, save them witch ctrl+s (I work on windows).
But if I want to save as, or create a new file nothing happen, the list goes grey until I do something else. It doesn't freeze or stop working, just it doesn't seem to do anything.

I don't have the library of work opened before when it starts. That's what it looks like when I launch it.

Aishina_0-1636738567493.png

And when I click on "new", the list just goes grey (sorry I can't take only my photoshop screen since alt close the list).

Aishina_2-1636738660223.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joel5C22 We're working with Apple on this issue that was introduced in Monterey. Add an Upvote and follow the thread for updates on this issue as we get them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeffrey,
I have the same issue. Do you have any updates? It's real useful feature "save" or "export". I can't do this, I'm not able to work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the issue too, I'm trying to go back to a previous version right now, you can do that on creative cloud desktop, on the "..." symbol just on top of uninstall.
I hope it can solve your problem for now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@AishinaNothing helped beside one thing. I have found the solution here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos12-monterey-known-issues.html
Disconnect the external monitor helps. Moving PS window to macbook screen also helps without diconnected a monitor.

@J453Good luck with looking for solution for this issue! Hope you figure out something with Apple because it very annoying bug 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines