• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you set tab stops and leader dots in Photoshop CC

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a list of names and titles that I want to set up in Photoshop CC. I want the names to align left, then set a tab stop filled with leader dots, then have the titles align right. I know this isn't the best way to work with text, but is there a way to do this? I'm using PS 25.4 on a Mac.

Thanks,

Lloyd

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really a job for InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, John. I realize that (I've used InDesign for 20+ years) but I was wondering if Adobe had implemented that capability into Photoshop, too.

Oh, well, manually it is! 🙂

Thanks again,

Lloyd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lloydie J 

No, Photoshop cannot set tab stops or add leader dots or have right aligned tab stops (yet). You need Illustrator or InDesign. They are introducing bullets and numbered lists, which fall apart without these controls.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you use InDesign, I used to do the type in ID then place a postscript file of it in PS. Not the best hack, but it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines