Exit

Failed to run Photoshop cc 2018 [in Windows 11 Beta]

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I installed Windows 11 latest build (22000.100) on my pc yesterday

So,today I was trying to install Adobe Photoshop cc 2018 on my pc,but unfortunately it was showing "Update required,this operating system or browser is no longer supported "

But,I am using latest version of Google Chrome as default web browser,

So everything is updated on my pc.When I was using windows 10 (1903),I can run photoshop cc 18 in it,now, what's the problem?.. please say a method to fix it ASAP 🙏

[OS added to title by moderator]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know about this problem on a beta system, though of course no "fix" can be expected. I assume you've reported it to Microsoft, and you're still able to use Photoshop on your live machine.  Of course if a fix is needed, Adobe will do one soon after (MAYBE even before) Windows 11 is released, but it will only affect the latest Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply!

Yes,I installed Photoshop CS6 in my pc...and it is working fine..but can you please tell me when I will be able to use the latest Photoshop versions on my windows 11 pc?

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Microsoft says the official release of Windows 11 (what the company calls General Availability, or GA) will arrive on new hardware in late 2021. Most knowledgeable observers expect the Windows 11 GA release to arrive in October 2021, and you would be foolish to bet against them." (https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-11-faq-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/)

So, some time after then. 3-4 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is absolutely possible to install 2018 under Windows 11.

1) You have to install Photoshop 2021 completely. (Regestries need to be written to trick 2018 in a genuine repair)

2) Replace the Photoshop 2018 installer "Set-up.exe" with the Photoshop 2021 "Set-up.exe".

3) Run the Photoshop 2018 installer (Which is now replaced by the 2021 installer).

4) The installer will fail to gather any data, paths or even show you a dialog and will automatically install Photoshop 2018 on your C: Drive assuming that it's Windows 10, even if it isn't. I haven't found a way around it, but this is atm. the way to go.

The 2018 Version does not know about Windows 11 and just straight out refuses to install, even if it runs perfectly fine under Windows 11.

Proof:

ade77bbf6a1735de0a8698c0dd57f17e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @AkiKitty001 

Is there any tutorial video regarding

this??..it will be easier for me...if there is a video 😅

And please say ,will Photoshop 2021 run on windows 11 directly??..I have no graphics card,have a ssd of 250 gb and 8 gb ram..

Can I run Photoshop 2021 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just follow my steps and you should be able to run 2018 under Windows 11 ♥

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. It's easy, just disconnect the internet, photoshop CC 2018 will install just fine on windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines