Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill Color with Pen Tool while drawing

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, here's the deal:

Does someone know any way to set Pen Tool of Photoshop to behave like in Illustrator? And i mean color filling the already-drawn-part-of-path.

1.gif

Please check this timelapse - he creates Color Fill layer, pick Pen Tool and start coloring, just as simple as it goes. Most likely he has sort of prepared actions, but maybe some of you can say, what should this action consist of? I desperadly wanna know this method

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Maybe I missing something but can't you just set the Pen Tool to Shape in the options bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost there, I forgot I figured out the first part of the question

But again, about the timelapse, each of his shape layers have the Color Fill + Vecor Shape construction. It allows to easily see, which colour is applied to the particular layer. This is very comforbable, especially when you have tonns of layers

Shape mode of Pen Tool gives me layer thumbnail like this1.jpg

And I want to get this kind of displaying2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok here you go took me some time to work this out as done this by mistake as was colorizing ,,any way here goes so click on background copy click..and add a solid color ajustment layer of what ever color you want ..ok ..at this point you would nomaly invert it ..but dont just leave the screen the color it is ..click on the white color fill box then got to layer in panle and add a vector mask hide all then you can now use your pen tool to make any shape and it will color in as you go ..you can also now delet then layer mask white box thumbnail in you wish ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines