• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Groups + Editing Vector Smart Objects

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm looking for some help with an issue I'm facing.

I'm currently trying to edit a file left behind by a previous designer at the company I work for. He's got object I need to edit saved within PS as a vector smart object, however when I double click it to get it to open for edit, I keep getting an error message on Illustrator "The Application Illustrator 2022 Cannot Open 

-1703" - can anyone explain to me what is going wrong, and how to fix it?

Additionally, I'm having some serious issues with groups in Photoshop in this file. There are a few things I need to ungroup to edit, and when I right click on the group in the layers panel to ungroup it, nothing is happening. I've tried using Cmd + Shift + G as well and nothing is happening. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Thanks for your response Kevin, I'll do the update now and see if that fixes the issue there.

Here's a screenshot of the group - as you can see when I right click I'm not getting the grouping options like I normally would, and I'm not sure why that is. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 11.57.05 AM.png

Thanks again for your time and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Error -1703 was a knwon issue that requires an update to Mac OS to 12.3.1 or later.

2. Grouping in PS - Can you send a screenshot of what you are trying to ungroup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Kevin, I'll do the update now and see if that fixes the issue there.

Here's a screenshot of the group - as you can see when I right click I'm not getting the grouping options like I normally would, and I'm not sure why that is. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 11.57.05 AM.png

Thanks again for your time and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a Group - that layer is just named "Group" and has been flattened to a single layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Kevin, I should have trusted myself on this one rather than assume the previous designer knew some magic that I didn't, lol. I truly appreciate your time, knowledge, and help today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That layer looks like it's inside of the 12 box pack group. You should just be able to drag it out of the group. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines