• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lots of Processes running under Photoshop Ver 23.1.1

Engaged ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some good reason why when I open Photoshop 2022  ver 23.1.1 I get 12 subprocesses running as in the attached screen-grab from Windows Task Manager?

AdobePhotoshopProcesses.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gets stranger and stranger ...

AdobePhotoshopProcesses_2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering the same thing. When I exit photoshop, the background process is still running and doesn't stop. In order for me to restart photoshop, I have to open the task manager and end task the background process first. That's strange to me because It doesn't happen on windows 10, just windows 11, 22H2. What's really odd is that nobody from Adobe answered your question. But have the nerve to charge us for a subcription just to have photoshop at $25/month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they leave it long enough, they don't have to fix it because a new version is released and they don't update old versions.  It's only Adobe products that I find don't play nicely with Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't seem to care as long as we keep paying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All modern software is threaded and will have sub-processes. There are numerous reasons this is done- performance and security being the top two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines