• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC won't edit pictures of money, and newspapers need to be able to

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work at a newspaper. Sometimes the AP sends us photos with money in them that we want to use in our editions. Photoshop CC has an anti-counterfeiting routine in it that keeps it from opening these pictures. Can a "newspaper" plug-in be created that will let people who legitimately need to edit pictures of money do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Work-arounds exist, if I remember correctly on a Mac one can open the files with Preview and save as either psd or tif – one of those would then open in Photoshop.

Check out this thread:

Photoshop: Why can't I open pictures of paper currency?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

@Happy Co , this thread was started in 2015, so your claim that this is a »new feature« in Photoshop seems nonsensical. 

Aside from that I think the issue was raised even earlier over on the now defunct feedback.photoshop.com because the feature has existed in Photoshop CS5 already. (Not sure if it existed even earlier.)

Please read this

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/cds.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I found this thread because I've tried 59830583 ways of opening a pattern of bills for a t-shirt design. Don't be dense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who are you responding to @G5EBC ?

Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

What doesn't happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think we should have a workaround. This is ludicrous that we can not open or manipulate a picture with money in Photoshop. This is a new feature that has been added. In the past, I had no issues working with money and images in Photoshop. Adobe has created a hurdle and a headache that will do more harm than good. I can only hope that they will fix the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Happy Co , this thread was started in 2015, so your claim that this is a »new feature« in Photoshop seems nonsensical. 

Aside from that I think the issue was raised even earlier over on the now defunct feedback.photoshop.com because the feature has existed in Photoshop CS5 already. (Not sure if it existed even earlier.)

Please read this

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/cds.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Why not simply say, "This is not a new feature or restriction in photoshop"?

I believe @Happy Co was asking a simple question, not validation of his expertise in the previous versions of PhotoShop. 

Community Guidelines: Be kind and respectful,... (You were not). Intentional or not, let's be a little more kind. 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Why not simply say, "This is not a new feature or restriction in photoshop"?

I believe @Happy Co was asking a simple question, not validation of his expertise in the previous versions of PhotoShop. 

Community Guidelines: Be kind and respectful,... (You were not). Intentional or not, let's be a little more kind. 

Thanks.

By @Troy298720221e5d

If the poster I replied to with the post you are commenting on considers my post inappropriate or insulting they are free to report it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has created a hurdle and a headache that will do more harm than good. I can only hope that they will fix the issue. 

By @Happy Co

Adobe did not create this. The Central Bank Counterfeit Deterrence Group did.

Contact them here: https://rulesforuse.org/en/contact-information

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines