• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC 2019 - Content aware does not appear in Crop tool options

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting frustrated with the 2019 release.

Focusing on the problem, Launched PS 2019 and opened a NEF fie. Trying to rotate and crop an image, So far so good, however I don't have the content-aware option visible in the tool bar. Tried resetting the tool - to no avail.

I have checked to see if the version has the latest updates and it does.

I have to get a job out to no avail. How do I get the content aware back?

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 9.50.19 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

No options are missing.

Nothing is wrong.

Everything is working properly.

There is no need to adjust your set.

Your options bar does have the Content-Aware Fill option, it's just that you're seeing the icon version instead of the usual long text version. If you hold the mouse still over the last icon in the Crop tool options bar, you'll see that icon is Content-Aware Fill.

Narrow-Options-Bar.jpg

This is happening because at some point, intentionally or not, the Enable Narrow Options Bar preference was turned on.

If you wan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is there on my copy of CC 2019 MacoS 10.13.6 and it does work.

Let's try a Preferences Reset:

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just started having the same problem. This is for Photoshop, not PS CC. Narrow options bar is disabled, but the content aware box is grayed out and not usable in the crop tool. My other Mac it shows up as always, but on my iMac no such luck. Also have not checked the use classic mode button. It seems odd to me that all of a sudden that feature should disappear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's there, you just have the Narrow Tool Bar Options enabled that uses a different icon.

(Photoshop CC>Preferences>Tools>Enable Narrow Options Bar)

ca.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure there should be such a crop option.  I do not think I have ever see such an Item in Photoshop. The closest thing I can think of is Content Aware Scale.

However, I looked and I do see the option though,  I do not know what it would do unless you can add canvas with the Crop tool I never use the crop tool

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No options are missing.

Nothing is wrong.

Everything is working properly.

There is no need to adjust your set.

Your options bar does have the Content-Aware Fill option, it's just that you're seeing the icon version instead of the usual long text version. If you hold the mouse still over the last icon in the Crop tool options bar, you'll see that icon is Content-Aware Fill.

Narrow-Options-Bar.jpg

This is happening because at some point, intentionally or not, the Enable Narrow Options Bar preference was turned on.

If you want to see the long text version of the options bar, open Photoshop Preferences > Workspace and disable the Enable Narrow Options Bar preference.

Narrow-Options-Bar-pref.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this, and so has the tech at work. The option still does not appear. Do you have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here.  I don't see it and my enable narrow options bar IS disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines