• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generative fill privacy concerns?

Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hypothetically, if I I used generative fill say to extend an image at the sides to fit an odd sized print and its a customers image with his grandchildren on it.. I dont know where this image has gone during this process or if Adobe keeps a record of this image added to its database of images for the process  for the AI to learn from to improve future reults. Some people are very carefull to keep images of their children off the internet these days, what guarantees can I give my customers about privacy when using generative fill  ?

Would it be sensible to add a method to mask off or obscure areas to protect privacy in the generative fill tool bar. Using a layer mask does seem to work, but something more intergrated into the UI might be a sensible addition.

(Edited cause Im scared of Dave)

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Thanks Kevin. Think I can answer my own question now, the last page of preferances re the adobe  improvement program specifically address this issue now. Think that wording has changed to  include training the AI, dont remember seeing it before.Capture Ai.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'........Its a customers image with his grandchildren on it............'

Your question is valid but please note that generative fill is not for commercial use at this beta stage. Section 4 of the user guidelines state :

'While generative AI features are in beta, all generated output is for personal use only and cannot be used commercially.'

https://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms/adobe-gen-ai-user-guidelines.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's why all the features must be available offline (not sure if it's technically possible though)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's why all the features must be available offline (not sure if it's technically possible though)

What do you mean by Ā»mustĀ«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gixxxa75 @Ivan Zajats this might be worth a read. Firefly based features like Generative Fill is trained on Adobe Stock images, openly licensed content, and public domain content where copyright has expired. Not your personal images.

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2023/03/21/responsible-innovation-age-of-generative-ai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Kevin. Think I can answer my own question now, the last page of preferances re the adobe  improvement program specifically address this issue now. Think that wording has changed to  include training the AI, dont remember seeing it before.Capture Ai.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate