• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Bring back "Shake Reduction" filter - Removed in Photoshop v.23.3.0

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Änderungen am Programm ohne die User zu fragen - "Verwacklung reduzieren" in PS v.23.3.0 entfallen?

Mittlerweile ist man es als User gewohnt, dass Adobe Änderungen an Photoshop und Co. vornimmt.

Erst der "Fehler" seit Anfang Februar, dass die Ebenen bei der Nutzung von Color Lookup´s schwarz sind und somit nicht nutzbar (das Problem habe ich nach zwei Monaten endlich selbst gelöst) und nun fehlt schlicht und einfach wieder ein Scharfzeichnungsfilter, den viele wahrscheinlich nicht häufg nutzen, ich jedoch als finales Schärfen, diesen "Verwacklung reduzieren" mit Vorliebe eingesetzt habe.

Heute am Rechner, Bilder vom Ostersonntagmorgen mit Monduntergang, sitze hier, bearbeite und ... bin überrascht, dass ich meinen Filter nicht mehr finde.

Falls dieser doch noch irgendwo sein sollte, mal wieder irgendwo ganz hinten drin versteckt, bin ich dankbar für jeden Tipp.

Liebe Grüße und ein schönes Osterfest...
Gordon

Idea No status Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

You can install version 22.5.7 along with version 23.3.1, so you can have both 2022 and 2021 installed at the same time, version 2021 will have the shake reduction filter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

@John Young Photography 

As a workaround you could revert back to version 23.2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 296 Replies 296
296 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so tell us how to be effective then

Try reading what was already posted about this (hint, upvote; correctly)!

5 pages of this, 1.7K views, 122 replies, 10 upvotes. Pretty patheticTheStatsthusfar.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour , je voudrais recuperer la fonction  Réduction du flou dû aux tremblements de l’appareil photo, qui à été suprimé dans la derniere mise à jour de photoshop et que je n'avait pas solicitée.

Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog, what does "Adobe Community Professional" mean?  Are you just a frequent poster, or do you actually work for Adobe and monitor the forum?  If so, you aren't following the Community Guideline of "Be kind and respectful".  Almost seems like you're trolling.  

I have to be honest...  upvoting a support forum post is a pretty stupid way to measure how large a problem is.  1700 page views is pretty telling.  Once people discover the feature was officially removed by Adobe most will probably  think "well that sucks" and move on, with no understanding the purpose of upvoting, or may not even realize there is a voting button.  This isn't social media.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what does "Adobe Community Professional" mean?

From Adobe (community forums):
"Currently, the community on community.adobe.com is used as a destination for customers to ask questions
and engage in peer-to-peer conversations. IOW, this is a user to user support forum".

We are volunteers. 

I have to be honest...  upvoting a support forum post is a pretty stupid way to measure how large a problem is. 

That's how this community forum works. That is how Adobe gauges what to look at and perhaps do after viewing the upvotes. 

1700 page views is pretty telling.

Especially after viewing the upvotes, as Adobe does! 

Once people discover the feature was officially removed by Adobe most will probably  think "well that sucks" and move on, with no understanding the purpose of upvoting, or may not even realize there is a voting button. 

That's how this community forum works. That is how Adobe gauges what to look at and perhaps do after viewing the upvotes. I don't know what 'most' people think and I refuse to speculate and assume. I've provided a series of facts: how the community forums operate, how many have viewed this set of posts, and how many have upvoted. And the facts of how Adobe examines these upvotes. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple question.

So what is the alternative for removing camera shake blur? 

Br Barry

Br Barry.
I'm Dyslexic, please just live with my grammar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by what's the alternative? Are you looking for a plugin rather than the shake reduction filter that comes with Photoshop, or is there an issue with the shake reduction filter in PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accordingly, the 'Shake Reduction' Filter from has been removed from Photoshop, post version 23.3, all because it doesn't work on the latest Mac chip!!!

It was an extremely useful tool from removing minor camera shake from images.

As far as I can see/search, there are no alternative plugins.

The only current alternative is to downgrade version, pre 23.3 (which will kill off all other new tool and enhancements).

So, what 'effective' tools/filters are there now to correct camera shake?

Br Barry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you should have removed Photoshop 2021 when upgrading you can install it again to be able to use the filter in the meantime. 

And you can add your vote to the Feature Request: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-bring-back-quot-shake-reduction-quot-filt...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe... We/I need an edit button, please. My grammar is pretty crap, reading it post, posting.

Us Dyslexics would be most grateful.

Br Barry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could just have added your vote to the existing Feature Request. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-bring-back-quot-shake-reduction-quot-filt...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done that, I'm #12.

But still, would be nice for them to come up with an alternative, though.

Br Barry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not up to you, not up to me, …

If the issue is important enough to you you could try Topaz Sharpen AI … and I expect there are further offerings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the issue is important enough to you you could try Topaz Sharpen AI … and I expect there are further offerings. 

By @c.pfaffenbichler

Yeah, nah. Tried that, not as goods, and I don't have the $80 to remove the watermark at the moment.

Ended up using the 'Smart Sharpen' filter (Topaz did come up better, but watermark to save).

Br Barry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BrBarry_SDB wrote:

Hey Adobe... We/I need an edit button, please.

You can ask a moderator to make edits for you.

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have both version 22.5.7 and 23.3.1 installed, the shake reduction filter is still available in versions 23.2 and below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I say the LTS version. But, will the new version still keep updating (although bet it possibly manually) 

Br Barry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BrBarry_SDB wrote:

But, will the new version still keep updating (although bet it possibly manually) 

You can turn off auto-updates in the Creative Cloud app and do them manually when you are ready to.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone answer for me where the shake reduction option has gone? is it replaced?

I have the new 2022 version

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It has been removed in version 23.3, you can have two versions of Photoshop installed, version 22.5.7 with shake reduction and version 23.3.1 without

2022-04-12 08_37_45-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Feature Request where you could addd your vote … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know who ticked 2 replies as being correct. They still did not address the core of my question, not my replied question two those suggestions.

What is the alternative process within Photoshop?

Br Barry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing of Reduce camera shake in Photoshop is a BUG or STEALING???

I'm and other users are paying every month for developing Photoshop, the filter Reduce camera shake has been developed, frequently used and it is GONE in new updates, but it was payed!

If you change developing platform you should FIRST develop new filters in new platform and not steal useful filters from users / your customers that are paying for it every month!

When Reduce camera shake will be back in new Photoshop updates???

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Reduce camera shake will be back in new Photoshop updates???

Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per the notes below, Shake reduction has been removed intentionally for all of Photoshop users, (Windows or Mac)  I am very unhappy with the removal of the Shake Reduction Filter.  While  I use Topaz Sharpen AI, there are times that the Shake Reduction worked far better.  If it is inacompatible with the new technnology, you need to  recreate a way for the old tools to be used.  Among other things, Topaz AI can take up to 30 minutes to work while the Shake Reduction Filter only took a small fraction of that time.

Bring it back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit lots of old photos.. those back when the film ASA 64 was the norm.  Shake is a major problem with all of those photos and the only tool I have found that works with that was Photoshop Shake Reduction.  This really sucks that you have removed this extremely useful tool.  None of the other tools seem to provide that particular function.

Votes

Translate

Translate