• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text box with red plus sign for cut off text

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if there is a setting in PS text box so you know when the text is cut off in the text box? Currently is only shows up as a small black colored + sign, unlike in Ai and Id when is shows up as a RED + in the end of the text box letting you know your text is cut off.  I have often overlooked the cut off text because the little box below doesn't stand out in red like it does in the other popular applications. Any suggestions?

Red attention to text in text box.jpgPhotoshop +.png

Doesnt just make sense to do it all in red? Black doesn't make sense. It gets lost in a document.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jodi5E83. As far as i know, what you have observed is correct. That is, the black plus (+) sign at the lower right-hand corner of a text box indicates overset text in that box.

For some reason, it is not red, as in InDesign & Illustrator. I agree, that it would be more consistent and also easier to notice, if Adobe would make that symbol red. Perhaps we can all put in a feature request to ask for that in the next update.

Thanks,

Dave Salsbury

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jodi5E83 

I've moved your post from Photoshop Discussions to Photoshop Ideas and voted for the developers to see. I hope more folks will add comments and upvote your idea. It's a good one.

I also found this post from September 2019 where the issue was discussed once before.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/overmatter-overset-text-in-photoshop/...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Furthermore it would be great to have an overview if there are any overset texts like the InDesign Preflight does.

Votes

Translate

Translate