• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 22.3.1 Upgrade Crashing on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  have applied the 22.3.1 update via the Creative Cloud App.

I am now unable to run Photoshop as an Error Report dialog box pops up after it opens and when I select one of the options Photoshop closes.

I have uninstalled Photoshop, rebooted and reinstalled with the same result.

I am running Windows 10 Home - its has all updates applied.

Has anyone else seen this and if so have you found a solution?

Adobe - do you have a solution?

Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.3.1 on your Windows machine. Is Photoshop crashing as soon as you launch the application? If you're able to launch Photoshop & the error comes up when you try opening a file, please go to the Preferences of Photoshop, then Performance & disable the option to Use Graphics Processor. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same error descibed avobe. It doesn't let the application launch. Is there any possibility to go downgrade to 22.2 while you fix it? How can I do it?
Regards,
Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same exact issue, as well. The error box (same as above) pops up as soon as PS tries to start. It doesn't allow me to do anything at all. I cannot click either of the buttons on the pop-up, nor can I close the window unless I use Ctrl-Alt-Del. I am running Windows 10 Pro and all windows is completely updated. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled PS with the same problem occurring. If there is a way to downgrade until this issue is fixed, as Richard suggested, I would also like to do this.

Thank you,

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamie,
I finally found how to downgrade to 22.2 and now it works.
In my creative cloud desktop app, where all the apps I've installed appear, I have Photoshop and on the right I have three dots (the menu bar) with 3 options: More info, other versions and uninstall. If I press other versions I can choose which one I want. Hope it helps!
Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the tip, Richard! I was able to uninstall the newest version and reinstall the previous version and it's opening just fine! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj, 

Thanks for the advice in your comment on 14 April. 

Yes PS is crashing as soon as I start it. 

When I attempt to disable the Use Graphic Processor  I am unable to access the Preformance entry in the Edit menu (Edit>Preferences>Performance) as PS reports an error "Could not complete the Performance command because of a program error".

I have reset my Preferences using both methods documented at the links you provided with the same result.

I note that others are experiencing the same issue and I hope Adobe is working to address this.

In the meantime perhaps my only options is to unstall and revert to an earlier version?

Regards

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system I am having this issue on is my desktop PC which has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 graphics card.  Interesting my otherinstall on a MS Surface doesn't have the same issue.  Suggest the issue is related to the Graphics card in my desktop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too am having this issue.  How did you install 22.2?  I can uninstall 22.3.1, but I don't know how to install the previous version.  Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop was updated to v. 22.3.1 but that only made things worse. After the update, Photoshop opens and displays error reporting stating that photoshop encountered a problem and needs to close. Never ending story ...

I manage to downgrade to 22.2 by doing the following: https://helpx.adobe.com/no/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem as well on PC Windows 10 with all updates. Went to Program Files>Adobe>Adobe Photoshop 2021>Plug-ins and removed the Google folder containing a number of plug-ins. Voila - that did the trick! The graphics processor is also disabled. Hope this helps someone.

Regards, John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please help me i just finished installing the version 22.3.1 and same error displayed but it was my first time to download it not upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble due to Photoshop crashing. Would you mind telling us which operating system are you working on? Have you tried updating Photoshop to the latest version (22.4.2) to check if Photoshop still crashes? If not, please try that & let us know how it goes.

Also, if you are using a Windows computer, try launching Photoshop as Administrator by right clicking on the Photoshop icon & selecting the option to Run as administrator to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashing all the time.

Open any PSD (or anything else), screen goes black (comes back after 5 sec). Second display goes black (never comes back).

GPU disabled. Edit - Pref - Performance - [ ] Use Graphic Processor

Adobe, FU!!! Fix your sh**

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Total incompetence!

For days, PS is crashing!

And it is so slow!!! PS6 is about 10-20x times faster. On everything.

Indian programmers broke PS 😞 Pathetic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem on same platform. downgrading to 22 worked for me too. ug!! I hate forced upgrades!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines