• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG: Losing rendered mulitcam audio

Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am losing rendered multicam audio in Premiere Pro every time I restart Premiere. I am running Premiere Pro 2018 12.1.1 on 10.12.6 Sierra, and every time I restart premiere I lose all the rendered audio and waveforms in Premiere Pro with multicam clips, all I see is a red line through the audio, and I have to render them again. This has to be a bug and is incredibly frustrating, especially when working with a significant amount of clips as it is a long render.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist
Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hello @Jonah Lee Walker,

A product team member has announced that the team is working on a fix. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug I reported about 16 months ago, with a response that they're hoping to get it fixed "ASAP".

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2274844

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem... been going on for the last few versions. Glad to learn today that Resolve supports mutlicam editing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add my concurrence. Working on a multicam project today... in just a few hours, I've lost my rendered audio four times. Ridiculous. Twice because Premiere crashed (another little bug that i've enjoyed having to deal with repeatedly...) and twice because it just up and... disappeared. One of the times I think it was because I tweaked ONE audio clip in the multi-cam sequence, which of course makes THE ENTIRE sequence unrender. Joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically... Adobe REALLY needs to make fixing this whole render file issue that Premiere has a priority. It's so **** frustrating and time-wasting to have to re-render things JUST because Premiere decided to up and forget that those render files already exist. This should not be happening. It's been happening for years and Adobe still hasn't fixed it. Ridiculous.

FIX IT ADOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I felt its necessary to highlight the step-by-step instructions for the workflow that generates this issue.

1) Audio waveforms are generated, visible, and responsive to timeline re-sizing and usage
2) Change one parameter using "AUDynamics Processor.
3) Come back to timeline to find waveforms missing.
4) I could "Render Audio" - AND that has worked but I don't see why it should be necessary and would love an explanation or fix.

Premiere 12.1.2

MBP 2016
2.9ghz
16Gb 2133 Mhz
Radeon Pro 460

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this bug has existed for years and Adobe appears to have no inclination of fixing it, see the workaround I linked below. Fixed the issue for me in moments.

https://forums.creativecow.net/docs/forums/post.php?forumid=3&postid=958467&univpostid=958467&pview=...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue too. This is honestly ridiculous. Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still not fixed? There's a CreativeCow post about this issue from 2014 and this bug report was filed in 2018. WTF???

Image attached: One multicam has waveforms, one doesn't. Nothing I do changes that fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might not be a bug.
If a nested sequence (multicams are a form of nested sequence under the hood) has to mix down audio, the waveforms are not displayed. Premiere has always worked like this. The only way to see waveforms in a nest is to have a direct 1:1 pass through. Even simple things like cuts or trims will cause the nested waveform to be not drawn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm leaning towards Matt's analysis of the situation. While it may not be a "feature" per se, Premiere can't draw a mix-down waveform (like from a nested sequence) until it's rendered, and any change to that mixdown will reset the process. That's not unexpected bad behavior from the software; that's just how it works. They could add a feature to live-render under these circumstances, but I can imagine that eating up a huge chunk of memory. A few ways I've found to work around this problem are as follows.

1) If you only need one audio source once you've synced all your video angles, remove all the extraneous audio tracks.
2) Do not make cuts within a multicam sequence. Honestly, this is just a matter of best practices anyway. It causes a whole bunch of issues with project management down the line.
3) Don't apply audio effects to the source clip (at least not until Adobe makes Master Audio Effects a thing). Always apply to the multicam clip. It may take a little more time but, with the proper copy/paste procedure, not by much.

Maybe one day, somebody will work out a way to render mixdown waveforms in real-time, but until then, this at least somewhat solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The disappearing waveforms from multiclips edited into a sequence continues in version 14.8.0. Well done Adobe. It's so exasperating, frustrating and a waste of precious time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting my previous, incorrect comment. I've created a bug for this with the number: DVAAU-4203910. You can use this bug number as reference when asking Adobe about the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP! SO many versions. So many problems that are constant throught all of them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Jonah Lee Walker,

A product team member has announced that the team is working on a fix. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate