• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documentation - Captions

Enthusiast ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... well, I could do a very long post on the inadequacies in the documentation re: captions. I'll start with a detail. What does this mean?

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 1.17.28 PM.png

How is removing a caption clip different from removing audio and video clips? It is explained: captions are "deleted from the track".

Can someone explain what is meant by this? How is this intended to help?

Captions page here:

Working with Captions 

R.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Hello @Remote Index,

I have marked this as needing more info, as well.

Like your other post about Audio documentation, I have asked engineering to review this article. I have also requested Adobe Experts to look at it. They may have more questions for you. I hope that is OK.

Again, I will follow up with both and ensure some action is being taken.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Remote Index,

I have marked this as needing more info, as well.

Like your other post about Audio documentation, I have asked engineering to review this article. I have also requested Adobe Experts to look at it. They may have more questions for you. I hope that is OK.

Again, I will follow up with both and ensure some action is being taken.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kerstin Ebert,

Can you please take a look at this bug report? What can you suggest to improve the documentation in question? What do you think, @Stan Jones?

Thanks,.
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin thanks for follow up on this (fairly old) post.

I think the entire captions documentation really needs attention (and I have not kept up since making this post). @Stan Jones will likely have much more to say.

I will make this one note: captioning is an example of the problems Adobe creates due to lack of versioning in documentation as there were a number of changes to Captions that happened quickly. A user who is trying to get information on a specific version is in for a headache. (And again, let's remind all that there are very good reasons for staying on a particular version)

One suspects this problem (re: versioning of documentation) will only get worse with more innovation across versions.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Remote Index,

to answer your question, "How is removing a caption clip different from removing audio and video clips? It is explained: captions are "deleted from the track":

Once you delete a caption clip from the caption track, it is also deleted from the project and you can't add it back to the sequence anymore (unless you use "undo"). Audio and video clips still exist in the Project panel, even when you delete the clips in the audio or video track, and you can add these clips to sequences again and again – that is the big difference to caption clips which really only exist in the caption track of the one sequence you created captions for, they don't exist in the Project panel.

I hope that helps!

Best,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kerstin Ebert 

Kerstin, thanks for your response on this.

While your response is clear and to the point, it doesn't quite address the title and framing of this post and the supporting screen capture and link. It is in that context that I asked the questions I did.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate