• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to Media Encoder resets my dual monitor workspace

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since updating to the 2023 version not long ago, I have been experiencing the following bug:
Whenever I export to AME, The window which I have set to my second monitor (with several panels on this one larger window) disappears completely. The only way I have managed to retrieve it again is to "reset to saved layout", which is a pain since sometimes I make small changes within my layout according to the scene that I am currently working on.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Are you on Windows as well? I suspect this is going to be one of those issues that will never get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm.... we tried a few things on the thread below, but now it looks like it effects more than one person.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/program-monitor-panel-closes/idi-p/13976850

@Holly Sutherland 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the thread below that @MyerPj shared. We went through a lot of trial and error. I finally found a setup that doesn't close the program monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this bug as well. Started happening after updating premiere to Version 23.6./Windows 10. I'm not really sure what I did to fix this but I went back and loaded and old layout that I had saved from last year, for some reason this older layout doesn't drop the extra windown panels when I send to encoder, so I re arranged it, re saved it and set it to default. That's working for me for the time being. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still seeing this in 2024 and the @MyerPj thread sussgestion didn't work. Project and Media browser are on another monitor. When sending to media encoder they jump back into the main window and reset the workspace. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution is this ''Frame.io'' panel - if it is closed - then stuff disappears after exporting to AME. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that acctive on mine and ti still does it. THe best way to avoid it i've found is using the keyboard shortcut to send the AME. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Frame.io on your workspace - then it works and doesn't close anything. For me shortcut that sends sequence to AME scramble the title (puts some old seq name). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine's still working OK.

Win11-23H2, PP 24.3

I have open in the second screen the Production panel and Lumetri Scopes

Votes