• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non-primary windows disappear after exporting in 23.5

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says. I have a multi-monitor setup and whenever I export my second window just vanishes. I can't figure out how to get it back without relaunching the program. I can't afford to waste anymore time on this so I'm just downgrading to the last stable version for me (23.3).

Version 23.5

Windows 10 64-bit

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Export , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Hello Community,

I'm sorry that some of you are still experiencing this bug. As you've read, the devs cannot reproduce the issue.

If you have time, please message @jstrawn  and work with him one-on-one to resolve this issue.

I'm sorry that the community's information and screen movies have not been enough to reproduce this issue on our side.

Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
58 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to report this. Can you provide a little more information about what you are actually doing? Like, for example:
(1) What exactly do you mean by second window?
(2) Which panels are on which display?
(3) Which export method are you using?
(4) Does Window > Reset to saved layout restore the panel(s) you need?
(5) How is the second monitor set up for display?

A short video of your setup might answer some of those questions for me just by watching it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. So I mean a secondary window as in a window that isn't the one that the file menu is on, the one with all the settings and if you hit the X in the corner, will close the program. If you close the secondary window, the program remains open on the primary window, you just can't see any of the windows that you closed. 

2. My primary window (the one that needs to stay open for the program to run) is on my main monitor (1) and the secondary window is on my second monitor (2).

3. I will hit ctrl+m or click "export" on the primary window. Either one seems to replicate the issue. 

4. I've downgraded to 23.3 as I had some urgent work I needed to finish earlier. I may need to jump back in at any moment today so I don't really want to reinstall the latest. 

5. Not really sure what you mean by this. It's set horizontally (16x9) and its hooked up via display port. It's a 1440p 144hz monitor if that helps at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello there! yesterday i have updated the nvidia studio driver and begin to experience the same issue. the only solution for me is switch to other workspace and switchit again to the one that i use... i think is the nvidia driver... but.. who knows... maybe is some wierd moon aligtment over adobe HQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this issue. Workaround is to switch workspace back and forth. I hope it's getting fixed soon as this bug is very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it only happens when is exporting to media encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same Issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KarthXLR @Michel5FFD Or anyone else in this thread. Are you willing to work with me directly to repro this? If so, can you send me a direct message so that I can get a video or set of still images to see what is actually happening here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sending you a DM now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to 23.6 and can confirm this issue is still present. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Crazy annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy, but for me the problem sponteneously dissappeard. Haven't got a clue why or how this happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue still occurs for me constantly, there's like a 50% chance of it happening every export. Sometimes my main window will come back, sometimes I have to switch to a different workspace and back. It's really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People that are seeing this, please tell me:
Are you seeing it on mac or win?
How is your second monitor hooked up to your system? HDMI out, Video card port out, or other?
Can you get the problem to happen just by re-configuring workspaces out on the 2nd monitor? Or does it require Export Media to happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10, both my monitors are running off DisplayPort out of my graphics card. The problem only seems to happen when I attempt to export media. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 11. Main monitor on display port, secondary on hdmi both from GPU. All premiere windows on secondary monitor dissapear on export if I am active on the secondary monitor. If I am active on the primary monitor, sometimes the secondary monitor doesnt dissapear, but most of the time it still does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jstrawn,
On Premiere Pro 23.6, I experienced exactly the same issue (on Win. 10 / 64), with a second monitor plugged by HDMI. Indeed, untied windows like Effects or Timeline suddenly disappeared after exporting (in Premiere directly, or even via Media Encoder). But not Lumetri Monitor (also one of my untied windows) or Project, for instance. And it not happened everytime, but often, and my solution was also to reboot Premiere -- wich seemed to mess my export up (a full black video with good sound at the end).

Make changes of spacework doesn't re-create the problem for me, untill now.

Thanks for your consideration,

Alexis from France.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened again and making a back-and-forth change of spacework solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello there! i think i found the solution. the problem is more from windows than premiere... i think so.

see.. it just keep me happening and in attempt to solve i switch the windows. the main premiere window to the second monitor and the secondary windows to the main monitor, export something, (the window doenst dissapear)..., close premiere, open again, back windows to normal. and it solve it.

i notice that when i export to media encoder.. .the secondary windows flashes once.. and.. i though it was from video card. system drivers.. so... it came to me that idea and it works. try to switch the premiere windows , export something... back to normal and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either way, this is absolutely ridiculous. No matter what work around we come up with, this is still a lack of responsibility by Adobe. Doesn't matter if the monitor is hooked up via HDMI or Display port, what really matters is that from the Version 23.5 on, we are facing an annoying problem that didn't happen before. Meanwhile, Da Vinci Resolve doesn't charge us for its software, and it seems to run way smoother than Adobe (that has, right now, a worse product and continues to charge us without any interruption). It is outrageous to put it mildly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming this is still a problem in 24.0 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

have the same problem

why adobe have not response?? 

it's so dificult to use the program with this bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gideonmuzy I have responded a few times, which you can see above in this thread. It's not a problem that we have been able to reproduce internally, so we'll need help from someone who CAN repro it. If you would like to volunteer to help me with that, please send me a direct message by clicking the Message button that you'll see if you click on my username.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jstrawn I sent you a video showcasing the issue in a DM a while ago, was that not enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if you could add the vid to a post here so others could try to replicate.

I've got 9 custom workspaces, and 4 monitors used on my desktop, and haven't ever seen this behavior. So ... I'm trying to figure out how to setup to replicate this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KarthXLR That video was a decent documentation of what you saw, although it was a little hard to follow exactly what you were doing the whole time. More importantly, it did not give me any clues to what, if any, steps I can take to make that happen on my own systems.
@R Neil Haugen  here is a video of the problem happening on Karth's system:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY57RAwMuwI

Votes

Translate

Translate