• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Morph cut - Analyzing in Background never completes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple headshot cutting to the same head, same everything a few seconds later.

All other transitions work find. I try morph cut and see 'Analyzing in background.' Never see sign of progress - should I see it chewing through frames somehow?

I have gone to project settings. Tried both rendering settings. One thing - When I do GPU acceleration my still frames look like garbage - example:

http://www.screencast.com/t/rPiWL6yL

Software acceleration looks fine. No idea if these items are related.

Have run through all preferences. Don't see anything that might be turned off. BTW - working with MBP 15" late 2013. Latest OS.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Import and ingest , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Hello mbpm, and community,

I'm Kevin from support, one of the moderators here. Thanks for the bug report.

I apologize for the issues this effect sometimes causes. A product team member would be better at explaining this, but in my own experience using it, it's not a new effect and was created when certain workflows didn't exist yet. Reading through here, nesting can assist with legacy scaling issues, and transcoding can help with other unforeseen issues. The thread contains some other really g

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Hi @wisaq,

I read that you are having trouble with the morph cut effect. Please provide the community with more information so we can help. I'm sorry for the frustration. You can take steps to ensure the effect works much better, such as using a simple background, short clips, and avoiding scaling with clips vs. sequence settings (choose to nest). I hope the ideas help.

See:

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 161 Replies 161
161 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a joke this is, I have given up on even attempting to use this feature ever again. Would be a great feature if it actually worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Morph cut works in the timeline but then appears with an "Analyzing the background" banner in the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for morph cut failing to work with Premiere Pro 2020. I found it worked in older versions of Premire, but it never finishes analyzing the process. I've tried various overlap amounts (usually 4 to 8 frames worked fine in older versions), and always insure that the I have overlapping media. It would be great if Adobe would insure all features work going forward before adding new bells & whistles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Gosh! Why is the feature still "live," if so many know about it?! I found this great tool and used it multiple times in my 2 HOUR presentation, only to see those darn orange bars in my final.

IS THIS A BETA VERSION?
Could you please fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LAME the thing has my client extremely disappointed - the morph cuts they approved in preview which fixed the CEO won't actually render. Keeps crashing after about 15 minutes no-matter what I try. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wasted another hour trying to remove "Analyzing in background" from appearing in the final render when it doesn't appear in the timeline. Please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2021 this is still broken. Constant "Error reading node property" every time I've ever had to use this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying it on various pieces of footage (all static-camera interview clips where I've had to remove a few words - in other words, should be easy for Morph Cut to patch the join) MC glitches like ****. It's like it's choosing random frames from around the cut point and not doing any morphing at all. Worse than useless.
(Threadripper 3960X, nVidia RTX 3070 GPU)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is weird - morph cut worked on the same video but when editing it no longer works. Can reset the duration and always analyzing in the background and then PP crashes. Why is this happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just deleted a morph cut because it wasn't working and there's STILL a flash of "analyzing in the background". Can't believe how much Adobe charges for their services when it's just a big package of bugs! PLEASE FIX THESE ISSUES!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? Morph Cut completely bugs out after analyzing and rendering. It erratically jumps around to random frames. Crashed my project twice. I'm in latest version 22, on a new iMac. This issue has been going on for a while now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Adobe-

You have to realize, as the years go by, more and more folks depend more and more on miracles like Morph Cut, especially in reality documentaries when it's crucial to keep interviews on camera but still present people at their "Sunday best" -- without too many stumbles or ums and ahs.

When a new version of Premiere Pro comes out, such as V. 22.0 which I updated for my Catalina boot partition, and what functioned beautifully in the previous version in Mojave hangs eternally on Analyze in the current version, you have an embarrassing and serious ISSUE.

In my case, the sequence came from the Mojave timeline, and was updated for V22.0 in the Catalina timeline... if that helps. The morph cut however, was generated and analyzed afresh in Catalina. It may still be doing it, for all I know.

Here's hoping for a priority fix to a major tool!

Best, as always,
Loren

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to second this. I added a morph cut in a multicam sequence and it worked beautifully. Then copied the whole sequence and pasted it into a new one with adjustment layers on top, and it broke everything. The same morph cut - after analyzing - jumped around eratically between frames, no way to fix it. After a few times, I got an error message and PP quit. Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even open the project to delete the morph cut, it auto loads and then crashes the program. I lost about 2 hours of editing because of this - NOT okay , this is an issue form 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seconding the others here. Fix this, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent two hours with Adobe Technical Support last night on this very issue. The outcome after what felt like a million tests, was that Morph Cut doesn't work with Sub Clips (although infuriatingly, it did work with one).

He said that he would feed this back to the developers.

It's dead-easy to test whether it will or won't work: open Task Manager, when you apply the Morph Cut, note the CPU and GPU usage, CPU should increase about 10%, GPU should increase about 80%. If this doesn't happen within about 2 seconds of applying the Morph Cut, it will never finish 'Analyzing in the background' - no need to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being someone who uses subclips a lot, I wondered why there wasn't a team of coders trying to figure out why NO ONE could morph. Thanks for your sleuthing! And for the tip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This gave me so much hope. I had in and out points, but sadly it still didn't work. My footage was a sequence though, because naturally, as an interview, the audio was recorded on a nicer microphone onto a field recorder instead of being plagued by the noise of the camera. So even after clearing the in and outs, still stuck at analyzing. I had to render out around where I needed it in order to get it to work which is BS. Premiere has some great tools, and is also complete rubbish at the same time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to sequence settings, if the  Video preview is grayed, go up and set Editing mode  to Custom and than you can set Preview file format to I-Frame Only MPEG, QuickTime, ..... what ever works for you.  

worked for me 🙂

p.s.   "New sequence from clip"  is second solution .... also worked for me.

best

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my system (windows10pro, NVIDIA Quatro M2000 - 30.0.14.7212,32 GB RAM):
After upgrading to 23.3.0 morph cut does not analyse anymore. Analyse banner stays for ever, task manager shows no increase of CPU or GPU usage
Tried:
- Change preview format (not working),
- copy to new sequence (not working),
- cut clips 6 frames in front of edit and 6 frames behind edit (not working)

- nest the two clips from cutting step before, tahn aplying morph (working!!!)
But also new:
Export or  render for preview of 15 Min stabilized (smooth camera move) clip estimates rendertime of 40+ hours

(analyse and stabilize finished after 15 min!) no change with change of effect settings
Footage: HD - Sony .mts files (AVCHD) but also tried Apple ProRes HQ8
No solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not convienent, but I have found that allowing Premiere to sit overnight (or at least several hours) typically provides enough time for Morph Cut to process. I guess when you think about what it is doing, it makes sense that the process would takea while. Still, it would be nice it it could be sped up. I edit on a MacBook Pro 2019, so that liekly slows the process as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Respectfully disagree. I was doing morph cuts in an Avid Media Composer 10 years ago and it took literally seconds to do.

While the resolutions are 4x the size now, there's also processing power to match if not exceed.

This is a software bug that Adobe isn't really shining at light on. And it's because there IS a work around - a terribly awkward , clumsy and stupid one.

My rule of thumb with software is, if you can figure out a workaround, then the code can be altered to do it for you.

And that is what software is SUPPOSED to do - do it for you!

Like not being able to warp stabilize a clip who's speed has been modified. Yet -if you nest it, you can. (?)

That is a classic example of programers saying "well, if there's a workaround, it is not on the top of my to-do list."

Which, I confess, is fair. As long as there's a reasonable time frame to fix it.

Is the case of morph cuts (and stabilizing speed changed clips) the time frame is rather excessive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Pro 2023 (v23.3). Still facing this bug. Even after multiple attempts of 'Render In to Out', I kept running into a wall. The 'analyzing' ribbon was also coming in the final video export. To tackle, I changed the transition time of the morph cut by 1 frame. Worked like a charm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem in 2023. The morph cut should only analyze the frames it needs to, not the entire clip. This is silly!

Votes

Translate

Translate