• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Morph Cut causing Premiere Pro to crash every time. Help!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the Morph Cut effect in my edits in Premiere Pro for years, with no real problems.

Since I installed Premiere Pro 2024 (24.1), every time I bring a morph cut to a sequence, the program crashes. I've tried multiple different ways, like creating a completely new sequence and pasting the shots there and then using morph cut, and nothing works.

I've decided to roll back to Premiere 2023 for now. I even tried using the latest Beta version, and it still crashes.

Does anyone have a solution?

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Hi @Thomas2292245005c8 ,

This issue has been fixed in Beta, could you please try it out with the latest Beta?

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Hello @vishals2588 ,

Thanks for checking back. Could you please share a sample project for reproducing the issue at our end: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html
Please share the system configuration now that you're facing this issue as well.This is the fix for Mac Intel related configuration.

Thanks,

MaanviG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Hi @Thomas2292245005c8 ,

Could you please try to test this behavior by cleaning up the Cache on Premiere Pro, and please test in the latest beta build PrPro 25.0, share your feedback. If the issue persists, please let us know about it, we might need the sample project to reproduce this crash.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 261 Replies 261
261 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I am running Premiere 24.3.0 build 59 and morph cut crashes Premiere.  Have you found a fix?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I am running Premiere 24.3.0 build 59 and morph cut crashes Premiere.  Have you found a fix?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same thing happens to me. Have you found a fix?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Laurie,

Sorry for the issue, could you please share more details about your workflow, and what kind of media are you using for morph cut, along with any additional settings that will help us to investigate the crash, if possible share the steps to create this issue, or the sample project would be great.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaround/hack:

Import your comp in After Effects... Render to media encoder to WHATEVER settings you like. Works like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Beta and have not experienced issues rendering. Although batch exporting using Media Encoder has issues. Maybe that's a beta thing. 

And if I render and open in 24.4 ME crashes on export. I have over 100 sequences so hopefully this is resolved soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

Quick update as of September 3, 2024:

I am now on Premiere Pro v 24.6.1. 

Morph Cut continues to crash Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks. I've been able to morph cut without issue since updating. Have you tried deleting your cache and resetting your prefs? Or starting a new project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Thomas2292245005c8 ,

Could you please try to test this behavior by cleaning up the Cache on Premiere Pro, and please test in the latest beta build PrPro 25.0, share your feedback. If the issue persists, please let us know about it, we might need the sample project to reproduce this crash.

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heyo! You might see this on all the morph cut threads so sorry for the spam, but I just wanna help spread this as far as I can cos I found a workaround. I may just be lucky with the types of projects that I'm working with, but if this helps stop one other editor from tearing their hair out, mission accomplished

So first up, I'm running a high end Mac on the latest update of Abobe Premiere. My projects are usually 2k or HD 60fps

60fps is what breaks my project when I apply a morph cut. However, if I take the two clips I want to into a 24fps project, add the morph cut (it doesn't break) and then take that BACK into the 60fps project, it works!

It's annoying cos you have to add clips into a new sequence just to use morph cut, but at least it works.

Things to note:

- Wait for the 'Analysing in background' to end. If you take it back to the 60fps and it starts to say analysing in background, sometimes that'll go away, other times you gotta take back into the 24fps and do it again 😕 Yeah, it sucks.

- Sometimes you'll have a morph cut that works, close and reopen a project, and the morph cut will say analysing in background again. As above, wait a bit, but if it's stuck, take it back to the 24fps and re-add it

Yes, this workaround is cumbersome. Yes, Adobe should fix their product. But they're not going to, so this is what we're left with :')

Also if you're having issues with morph cuts crashing on a 24fps/25fps project, I got nothing for ya friend, I'm sorry! 😞

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting that!

My workaround is to copy the clips into a completely new/clean project, apply the morph cut, wait for it to analyze and then copy the clips back into the original project. That seems to work for me. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate