• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere, After Effects and Media Encoder crash when trying to save or import

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with several Adobe applications. I am using a work PC with company software. My PC had to be reloaded after the CrowdStrike issue. My Adobe Creative Suite is up to date and functions, but the programs (Premiere, After Effects and Media Encoder) will crash whenever I try to "save as" or import or replace footage. Basically anything that involves a pop-up window will cause the programs to crash. 
Photoshop functions fine.
We have tried deleting all the programs and reinstalling but the problem persists and no one in our IT chain can solve it.
Premiere Pro Version 25.5.0 (Build 57)
Adobe After Effects 24.5.0 (Build 52)

Adobe Media Encoder 24.5 (Build 50)
Windows 10 Enterprise Version 22H2 Installed on 7-19-2024 OS build 19045.4651
64 GB RAM
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Intel Xeon W-2265 CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Import and ingest , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

That sounds like your OS user account has become unable to access directories required by those Adobe products. 

> no one in our IT chain can solve it. 

Confirming: If IT restores your OS user account's permissions, the problem disappears, right?

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like your OS user account has become unable to access directories required by those Adobe products. 

> no one in our IT chain can solve it. 

Confirming: If IT restores your OS user account's permissions, the problem disappears, right?

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per my engineer: "A gp update did not fix this and your permissions have not changed in recent history."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what a gp update is, but if everything worked before IT updated your system, that update is the primary suspect.

Have you submitted any crash reports? [I'm presuming the products displayed the crash report dialog...]

don't see any crash reports from the email address you're using for the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GP update is Group Policy update, which refreshes policy settings on client computers periodically, ensuring that they adhere to the latest configurations defined by administrators.
I have clicked on the "Sorry an error has occurred" window "send report" numerous times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By default, sharing your email is turned off in the crash dialog. 
So if you could cause this crash a few more time, then make sure when you submit, you check the box to share your email address and then also type some kind of info in the crash dialog, we can then find you.  
For example, in the description, when you type info on how this happened, also add somethink like Matt38926398jtco so that I can search on that in crash description in case searching by your email doesn't show anything. 
What email address are you using when submitting the crash?  Please share that as well. 
If you don't want to post that here, you can send a message to either Bruce or I (throught forum system) and we'll look among crashes we recieve to find yours.  

Votes

Translate

Translate