• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Totally Unreliable Audio in Nested Sequences

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio glitches, dropouts, timing errors and missing audio playback in nested sequences where audio clips in original root sequence contain audio effects, fades or crossfades. This appears to have been introduced with 12.1.2 release. Rendering audio makes little or no difference. The only workaround I've found is to export the audio files with the effects and fades, from the root sequence and re-import back into another track in the root sequence, thus eliminating the effects. This is not a satisfactory way of working. Please Adobe, give us reliable audio performance. I spend more of my time trying to figure out workarounds than I do using this product.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hello @FeedbackCommunityMember,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! I've encountered this issue a lot as well. Nesting audio will often lead to out-of-sync exports. I can sometimes fix it by changing the sampling rate (if audio is 44.1khz with sequence at 48khz, or vice versa) but sometimes it doesn't help either way, and the only way to workaround is to do as you said and export the audio separately, then import it and re-sync. Quite a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooo tired of this issue. I have so many multicam interviews that I can't work on effectively because of this BS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have these issues as well. This is really needs to be fixed.

Sometimes pressing play starts playing audio from a different part of the nested sequence before snapping to the correct place.

I also had to use the pen tool to create a manual audio fade in at the start of every nested clip for it to not pop-in or play random audio before the actual clip starts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing the same problem. I'm absolutely sick to death of spending literally thousands of pounds on Adobe 's products that simply don't do the job they are supposed to do. I've spent more time trying to fix and find work-arounds on client projects than i ever do actually doing anything creative.

It's embarrassing when clients ask "why is there some weird audio at the start of the clip, can't you just edit it out". They are getting fed up with hearing about software bugs and saying "maybe you should buy some better software".

Adobe you're costing me an absolute fortune, it's high time you started repaying loyal customers and compensating customers for such awful service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing for me -- suddenly getting nested sequences where the audio kicks in only after 1 second, as if there was some cross-fade effect applied to the beginning of the audio - but there is nothing applied. When playing back the sequence in its own timeline -- no issues.
It only happens when nested

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree -- nested audio, especially in multitrack sequences, is super buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have audio that is synced when I go inside the nest, but when I'm in the main sequence again it isn't in sync! I do this for a living and I spend 1/3 of my time troubleshooting this program because of weird stuff like this-and the answers get harder and harder to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into this problem now. I have 7 audio tracks. Everything is in sync. I nest the 7th track and then the 7th track is all messed up and not in sync. What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't experience many audio issues with Premiere Pro 2019, but I am now working on 2020 and started to notice reduced audio quality with nested sequences as well. I spend a fair amount of time adjusting audio in Audition, and it sounds great in base sequences, but as soon as they are nested, the volume is reduced and sounds more flat, as if it resorts to the original audio.

Once exported, voices seem to have a more tinny quality than they had in Premiere Pro playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a slightly different issue but my search for an answer brought me here so I'll drop my issue and solution hack in case it helps anyone else. Premiere Pro Version 14.7.0

PROBLEM:
The issue happens when I create multicam or nested sequences with multiple clips inside the nest. If I edit the multicam sequence into my master sequence, sometimes clip audio will not play after the playhead passes over a cut. It seems random but when it decides to not play audio for a clip, it always happens on that clip but ONLY when playing continuously from the clip prior. i.e. if I have clips A and B, when I play from the beginning of clip A, once it gets to clip B the audio from that clip is silent. But if I position the playhead over clip B and play, the audio plays just fine.

As far as I can tell, this only happens when using nested/multicammed sequences with multiple clips in them.

SOLUTION(ish):
The only solution I've found, which is absolutely a hack and should not be the final solution Adobe accepts, is to export the entirety of the audio within the nest as a single .wav file and drop it back in place of the source audio. By removing the multiple audio clips within the nest and replacing it with a single file it seems so solve it. BUT this is sometimes only good for the initial cuts and I have to go back after picture lock and go clip by clip to replace the nested audio with source audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the worst time with random audio drop outs in nested audio sequences that can only be solved by render and replace which then makes it difficult to fix audio transitions. It's the random nature of how it happens that baffles. It doesn't do it in every instance of a nested sequence, just one or two. New instances of the nested sequence play audio fine, and then when you move them in the main sequence, the drop outs happen again. When you start your play head on a clip that has dropped out before, the nested sequence clip will play audio fine, then another clip in the master sequence drops out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread, but since this appears to be a continuing issue that Adobe STILL hasn't fixed, I thought I'd weigh in. I actually encountered this problem once again this morning (I work with a lot of nested multicams so this comes up annoyingly often). After trying the usual things (rebooting Premiere, checking mutes and solos etc) I stumbled across what I THINK is the solution. At the very least, it worked in my case. Here's what it is:

Select all the affected audio clips (just audio, not any linked video clips) RIGHT CLICK and go to Multicam - Enable. I toggled it on (no sound) then I toggled it back off again. Immediately all my sound started working again, and it didn't require any renders or replacements or exports.

Hopefully this works for other people, and more-so, hopefully Adobe fixes this bug in the near future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It 2022 and Adobe STILL hasn't fixed this! Why am I paying month after month, year after year for these headaches?! This is the reason people keep switching to Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @FeedbackCommunityMember,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nested audio is STILL a buggy broken mess which refuses to playback despite the audio waves showing. I am on the latest beta version. So frustrating!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I am also having issues with nested audio. I create a nested audio clip, I drag it to the timeline and it includes no audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines