Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Freezes after export

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

after upgrading to Premiere Pro 24(Beta) and as from today to 24.0 I have the problem, that after exporting video it freezes at some frame for 5-8 seconds, audio still plays but video not.

After re-exporting it again, it freezes again but already at another random spot. This is just a wedding video without any special effects (only film convert plugin applied). 

I already tried to export another video from another project, it's also freezes at random spot for 5-8 seconds.

I also uploaded an example video of it (177MB):

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhbzsGamhYmj_mGshK2_EaOqblfK?e=6B1yoa

I already re-installed Premiere Pro but unfortunately it did not help.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Hello @Denis273606893rl4,

Thanks for writing in. The main reason that this can happen is that the playback is sometimes difficult for your computer hardware. The test involves uploading the file to a site like YouTube or Google Drive and watching the playback in the browser. If the playback is fine there, your computer hardware cannot playback your HEVC 4K file. Please try that test and report back.

Feel free to give us full specs of your computer hardware and the media you use for further tro

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, very annoying 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset mabcook to factory settings so it helped. I also read somewhere, if you installed a sony catalyst plugin for premiere pro, you need to remove it and it also could

help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Using M1 Ultra Mac Studio. Currently running premiere pro 2024, using h.264 codec and the recommended export settings of "match source- adaptive high bit rate." Randomly throughout the video there will be a frame that freezes. Longest freeze time has been 3 minutes on a single frame. Render bar is green and no rendering issues in the bottom right corner. Exporting it twice seems to temporarily fix the issue, however, it is very annoying to do so and have to comb through the film multiple times to make sure it doesn't freeze. Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kyle Creation Films, are the source files by any chance from a smartphone or screen recording?  If so, the cause may be variable frame rate.  
use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum

or use shutter encoder https://www.shutterencoder.com/en/ which allows you to transcode directly to prores or other mezzanine formats, "First choose a video codec.
Then in the "Advanced features" section check the box "Conform by:" and set your frame rate in images/seconds." from ShutterEncoders FAQ. You want to figure out what the original target frame rate of the smartphone or screen recording was and set to that in the conform dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Grenadier no, files are from a black magic pocket 6k a sony fx3 and a canon 5dmiv.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do all your sources and sequence have the same frame rate? 

Might have something to do with the problem.

You might want to consider using a smart rendering workflow

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Grenadier I'm unable to use smart workflow because I use coloring and effects like warp stabilizer on my clips. However you may have pointed to the source of the issue. I did notice that the sequence is in h.264, however, 2 of the cameras are in codec ProRes 422. I discovered this by following the video in the link you posted. I was able to get the video to export without freezing after multiple attempts. But as the video points out, it seems premiere has trouble using multiple codecs on one sequence. I'll have to try to convert the footage to one codec before editing my next project to see if it fixes the issue. Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kyle Creation Films,

Sorry about the poor experience. Are you also using any third-party plugins/effects in the sequence?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sumeet Kumar Choubey No, just the native effects available in Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you can't use smart rendering with the effects you mention.  However, there are problems reported with using warp stabilizer and color effects on the same clip if I remember correctly.  The solution I think is to nest the clip, and apply the warp stabilizer to the clip inside the nest and the color correction onto the nest or vice versa...   Searching in this forum will hopefully get you more accurate info.   Also, probably a good idea to convert the h264 clip to prores before applying the warp stabilizer.  H264 is a mpeg format which means that each frame is not complete but needs to be created by the editing program by referencing nearby frames... while prores is an "all iframe" format which means that each individual frame is complete.   Warp stabilizer needs to reference many frames so I'm guessing h264 may complicate the process.   Generally, I work with prores clips, but have never had issues with combining codecs in the same sequence...

I did a complex restoration of a film a few years ago that had a complicated variety of sources and needed extensive stabilization.  I sent the clips to aftereffects for the stabilization where (at that point) you had much better control of stabilization and the interface was much more responsive on the underpowered machine I was using then.    And did the color correction in Premiere...  Not sure how the recent updates have effected warp stabilizer in Premiere, but you might want to investigate this workflow.    I would render the clip in aftereffects and put it on top of the AE comp in premiere...

You might also try just applying the warp stabilizer and then using "render and replace" and then apply the color correction.  Render and replace can really help in problematic situations.  You can "unrender" if necessary.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and just to push you right over the edge, you might try and use an adjustment layer above the clip with the warp stabilizer applied, using add edits on the adjustment layer where you need to change the correction.  Not sure if this would work for your problem, but might be worth a shot.  Premiere is a very complex program and lots of options to deal with these sort of issues...  

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Grenadier According to the video you linked, smart rendering cannot be used with clips that have any effects on them. I must admit, i am not familiar with the process, but it did lead me to investegate the sources of my clips. I think multiple sources could be the main culprit, however, I checked another project where the clips were matching the codec of the timeline and it still froze. Curently, my only resolution is to keep exporting the timeline until it works without freezing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

according to the text in the link "Render previews of any clips with effects and clips that are not the same as the new smart rendering codec, as well".   Can't say I've ever looked at those video clips...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Grenadier seems like they missed that part in the video. However, upon doing some research on YouTube, the steps to changing your codecs, are very similar so maybe that's what they meant? I did see videos saying converting your clips to ProRes before editing will make things alot easier for editing in Premiere. And a big recommendation is the "render and replace" tool you mentioned. Thank you for all of your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad to help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly enough, I started editing a job shot in 4K Prores LT 24p, 2 camera shoot of a conceret, one camera roving medium shot, and the other locked down wide...      The roving camera shook a fair amount, I'm guessing when someone walked near the camera...   I applied the warp stabilizer without adjusting any of the settings and a lumetri color adjustment...  in that order.  Just did the first song the run it past the client.    It exported fine...  but using an all iframe format may have been the secret.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Grenadier Right, Premiere seems to handle ProRes the best according to other creators. I wonder how long it will take mirrorless cameras to catch up and offer prores as a recording option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting through media encoder. That is the only thing that fixed the issue for me. However, I do run Premiere on windows. That may be why it works, I am not sure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m dealing with a similar issue while editing for a client who sends me footage. It’s just basic video files—no smartphone, nothing fancy, just regular footage from a camera. However, when I use Premiere, it often freezes or glitches after exporting the project. This is really frustrating because I can't rely on it for my clients' work.

I’ve switched to DaVinci Resolve, which has solved the issue, but it's honestly a pain to use. This Premiere bug has been around for four or five months now—can we please get it fixed? It’s becoming a serious problem. Please take care of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve noticed that if I export the project as a QuickTime H.264 file, there's a much lower chance of freezing or glitches during rendering. However, I’m still having issues when uploading the same footage to Vimeo. Even when the export seems fine from Premiere, it sometimes glitches once it’s on Vimeo.

It’s becoming quite a pain to deal with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend uses Windows and he has no problem either. I use Mac, and it only started when I switched over to Mac.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aronh40948526.  I agree with you that Resolve is not as good an editing interface as Premiere...  If you're interested in troubleshooting your problem.. we need more info...  Never easy to troubleshoot premiere problems from a distance so please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and if you have any 3rd party plugins for Premiere... Also, sequence settings and clip properties can also help. Although you can throw almost any format Many cameras record mpeg format which is usually heavily compressed.  Each frame is not recorded discreetly but rather as a relationship of neighboring frames and this could cause problems on export.  

Smart rendering might help identify problematic clips and allow you to fix them.  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488

And if you have the time and drive space, transcoding to an all i-frame format in which each frame is complete like prores might also solve your problem.

And I work primarily on the mac without ever seeing this issue.  I've got a 2022 macstudio with 32gigs of RAM.  Not the most highpowered system, but works great...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Denis273606893rl4,

Thanks for writing in. The main reason that this can happen is that the playback is sometimes difficult for your computer hardware. The test involves uploading the file to a site like YouTube or Google Drive and watching the playback in the browser. If the playback is fine there, your computer hardware cannot playback your HEVC 4K file. Please try that test and report back.

Feel free to give us full specs of your computer hardware and the media you use for further troubleshooting. Cheers.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines