Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

23.976 to 29.97 Timecode

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So... We have a show, which episodes are shot, edited and exported in 23.976. Then pulldown is applied for diffusion in 29.97 interlaced.

We have patches to be applied on this show and we have the IN timecode to insert them in 23.976. How can I do the math to convert this timecode to the 29.97 one to know when to insert them?

We don't have the complete Masters, only the patches...

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This might be a silly way to do it (someone may have a better mathematical formula for this). However Premiere does do timecode conversions for whenever you have sequence changes.

Maybe make a 23.976fps sequence, make markers at your specific timecode points of reference (you could even use the Markers panel to set and easily display Marker start/end timecode). Then go to sequence settings and change the timebase to 29.97fps. If I'm not mistaken Premiere should convert all relevant timecodes to their 29.97fps equivalents for you, and you can drop in or do whatever you need to with that new information.

The only thing I'm unsure of is what pulldown method Premiere uses for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines